Fats

Options
i keep going over my fat intake and missing out on the protein. Any ideas.?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what you eat right now, it's hard to offer advice other than "Eat less fat and more protein." What are you eating now?
  • aranda_m87
    Options
    I was under the impression I was making good choices until I saw my graph. Most of the time my breakfast consists of oatmeal and for lunch I'll have veggies with what ever protein I can get my hands on..
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    aranda_m87 wrote: »
    I was under the impression I was making good choices until I saw my graph. Most of the time my breakfast consists of oatmeal and for lunch I'll have veggies with what ever protein I can get my hands on..

At some point in the day you are choosing foods with fat that is putting you over your goals. Without seeing your diary, I don't know if anyone is going to have good specific ideas for you.
  • aranda_m87
    Options
    I'm new to this so I'm still trying to figure how use it properly
  • Natorade95
    Natorade95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    aranda_m87 wrote: »
    i keep going over my fat intake and missing out on the protein. Any ideas.?

Black beans, navy beans, and quinoa are good sources of protein without too much fat. If you are eating healthy foods and going over your fat goals, I might reconsider my goals. Most professionals believe that fat can take up 30% of a healthy diet as long as it is mostly comprised of unsaturated fats :-)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Are you meeting other important goals: calories, adequate protein, adequate fruits/veggies/fiber? If so, then there is definitely no need to worry. If you're missing out on protein, then you need to aim for some lean protein options like cottage cheese, chicken, etc.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    double post
  • aranda_m87
    Options
    I'm falling a little behind on my protein which is why I was concerned that I was going over my fat. I do incorporate adequate fruits and vegetables throughout the day