Quest Bars & Protein?

Options
cschu544
cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
I have a serious protein sensitivity. I can taste it in everything I eat so bars and powders are hard to get into... but I know i need them especially during my long runs . I recently have discovered quest bars- and they aren't too bad. I already enjoy the Luna bars... but was wondering if anyone has recommendations on flavors I should try
- or protein powders that taste good without sacrificing nutritional value? Thanks in advance friends!!

Replies

• tanyaL0L
    tanyaL0L Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    These recommendations are for Quest bars:
    White chocolate raspberry (my fav), chocolate chip cookie dough ( blast in microwave for 20seconds), lemon pie, cinnamon bun(microwave) and peanut butter supreme. I tried the s'mores not too fond of it but people are nuts about it.

Protein powder try Giant Sports "Delicious" protein. It's in Canada and it's the next closet thing to a chocolate shake, this stuff is the bomb! The banana cream pie, and cookies n cream is really good too!
    Hope this is helpfulness!
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, the brownie or double chocolate one! In all the other flavours I find I can taste the protein and they taste chalky. Sometimes I cut them up and throw them in my protein pancakes, soooo yummy!

for protein powder, the only one I really enjoyed was the mocha cappuccino (tastes like coffee) or banana cream (tastes like banana pudding) by gold standard
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Quest, chocolate chip cookie dough. Nom. I've gotten used to some of the others: double chocolate chunk, white chocolate raspberry, peanut butter (took a little while to get into). Basically the cookie dough was good enough for me to say that I absolutely love quest bars.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've found that heating up the Quest bars is helpful :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I've found that heating up the Quest bars is helpful :)

+1

I like them fine without being microwaved, but heated...really good.
  • taramichaela2015
    Options
    As for protein powders, try the FitMiss delight. My favorite is the chocolate. It's delicious!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't like Quest bars much-- the only two flavors I ever buy are cookie dough and cookies n creme. I really like the Think Thin chocolate fudge bars. I think they taste a lot less like artificial sweetener.
  • ChelsMarLou
    ChelsMarLou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely the peanut butter supreme! Or the almond crunch something is super tasty!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh for powders-- have you tried Trutein? I find it the most palatable of the powders. You can order a sample for a couple of dollars, which would let you try it out without buying a huge tub (that's how I ended up with a HUGE amount of Optimum Nutrition, which is vile).
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think Quest bars are disgusting...so many others on the market that taste better and have some texture. To me...all Quest bars start to taste the same since they have to differentiating texture.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I only like the cookie dough Quest bar. I also like the Think Thin bar (mostly chunky peanut butter).

When I got protein powder I bought the single sample sizes anywhere I could find it (mostly WF, so I'm sure they were overpriced, not gonna lie). It helped me pinpoint some I liked. Other places may have sample sizes (maybe GNC or TJ's, although I don't really like the main brand I've seen at TJ's) or it wouldn't surprise me if you can order some from amazon.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    A warm chocolate chip cookie dough or smores Quest bar is what's up. Mmmmm. I also love the cookies n cream.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh for powders-- have you tried Trutein? I find it the most palatable of the powders. You can order a sample for a couple of dollars, which would let you try it out without buying a huge tub (that's how I ended up with a HUGE amount of Optimum Nutrition, which is vile).

Oh that's awesome I'm going to try that!

• mastodon14
    mastodon14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cschu544 wrote: »
    I have a serious protein sensitivity. I can taste it in everything I eat so bars and powders are hard to get into... but I know i need them especially during my long runs . I recently have discovered quest bars- and they aren't too bad. I already enjoy the Luna bars... but was wondering if anyone has recommendations on flavors I should try
    - or protein powders that taste good without sacrificing nutritional value? Thanks in advance friends!!
    - protein via whey

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Choc chip cookie dough, vanilla almond cruch, cookies and cream, choc chip chunk and white choc raspberry. Didn't like any of the peanut butter ones, apple pie, mixed berry or chocolate browine. Strawberry cheesecake, s'mores and coconut cashew were okay. There are a few I haven't tried because the flavour doesn't appeal to me at all
  • omegaoutlaw
    omegaoutlaw Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream quest bar for the win! If only they weren't so dang expensive.
  • twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BTW one of the yogurt companies (Dannon or Oikos) makes a Greek Triple Zero yogurt now (I believe vanilla flavored) that has about as many grams of protein per serving as a protein bar. Might be worth checking into.