needing friends for thinspiration!

Options
Hi please add me I'm in dyer need of new peeps for ithinspiration and motivation! I need to lose atleast 2stone by mid July! Argh!

Replies

• breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i dont know what a stone is but i need to loose 25lbs by july so i feel ya
  • Lisa_McAuley
    Lisa_McAuley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One stone is 14lbs so 28lbs by July
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what on earth is "thinspiration"?
  • rainbowzebra25
    rainbowzebra25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! 2 stone needs to go. Starting tomorrow and have planned my days food intake. Hoping to go for a cycle too :) and then off to stick up on healthy food to try and make it easier. Good luck with your journey. I'd be happy to keep in touch
  • msrubie
    msrubie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 by July...
    Thinspiration I always go to youtube and look at people with the same body type as me and how much they have slim down. Keeps me going.
  • Tammyb819
    Tammyb819 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs in 5weeks. But frankly, the weight should come off by itself if I can reach my true goal. The truth is I feel totally out of control. I've spent the last 30 years dieting. I've read all the books . I know what to do, but feel helpless to do it . I feel like I have an embarrassing secret. I know some of you ladies must feel the same. My goal is to get off of this crazy cycle once in for all. I'm searching myself for what might be missing. Or, perhaps what my Body is trying to tell my brain. I'm working hard to re-wire my brain so that I don't have the same reaction to food. It's tough. I'm scared that I just can't do this. But I'm going to give it my best effort.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

@shadow2soul Usually thinspiration are pictures or quotes to inspire people to be thin. The majority of thinspo is created and used by people with eating disorders.

I prefer Fitspiration and there is an entire thread dedicated to real users who created their own inspirational photos.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1102508/mfp-fitspiration
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Tammyb819 wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs in 5weeks. But frankly, the weight should come off by itself if I can reach my true goal. The truth is I feel totally out of control. I've spent the last 30 years dieting. I've read all the books . I know what to do, but feel helpless to do it . I feel like I have an embarrassing secret. I know some of you ladies must feel the same. My goal is to get off of this crazy cycle once in for all. I'm searching myself for what might be missing. Or, perhaps what my Body is trying to tell my brain. I'm working hard to re-wire my brain so that I don't have the same reaction to food. It's tough. I'm scared that I just can't do this. But I'm going to give it my best effort.

@Tammyb819 You can get off the crazy cycle by stop setting tough goals. 10 pounds in 5 weeks is tough, unless you have a lot to lose.

What is missing is just setting a reasonable goal and not cutting everything out. Most people should set their goal on MFP to lose a pound per week. Fill up with fruits, vegetables and lean meat, but don't forget to include a treat when you need one (just make sure it fits your calorie goal). Find an activity you enjoy. Don't try to go out running a 5k your first week, just get active.
  • Tammyb819
    Tammyb819 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Good advice.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

@shadow2soul Usually thinspiration are pictures or quotes to inspire people to be thin. The majority of thinspo is created and used by people with eating disorders.

I prefer Fitspiration and there is an entire thread dedicated to real users who created their own inspirational photos.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1102508/mfp-fitspiration

Thanks for the links. I hadn't seen these before.
  • MrsKellogg1116
    MrsKellogg1116 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80lbs in one year! I just started but I plan to stick with it! If you need a budy to keep up the weight lose with I can help.
  • MrsKellogg1116
    MrsKellogg1116 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80lbs in one year! I just started but I plan to stick with it! If you need a budy to keep up the weight lose with I can help.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    As usmcmp says, "thinspiration" or "thinspo" is usually associated with images related to the proana movement (promotion of anorexia nervosa as a positive lifestyle choice). It is not a good term to use unless one is trying to promote eating disorders.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't go tossing the term "thinspiration" around unless you've googled the term and looked at the image results, then decided very, very carefully that that indeed is what you're after.
  • colleengifford1974
    colleengifford1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

• colleengifford1974
    colleengifford1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.....Doing the "this time Im going to do it" is getting old....gotta do it this time. Good luck to you and me. :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Why on earth would you ever think weight comes off by itself? It doesn't just one day decide yeh, I'm out of here.

It takes work - every single day kind of work to lose and maintain weight. You can't just lose it for like a 10 week time frame and then go back to eating mindlessly. It takes effort every single day to ensure you're not consuming more than you need to.

I am not thin, I came from being 340lbs in 2012. You have to want it, really really want it. And not just to be thin either because quite frankly, as an "Amazonian" like built woman ha ha I would struggle to hit and maintain anything under 190lbs (I'm 5'9 or 5'10 ish for reference).

You can't change how you re-act to food overnight. I struggled to give up pop - I love vanilla coke. And I wanted coke all the time, every meal, at night while I'm snacking, everything. Now, I can have one glass and say that's enough without over doing it and drinking the whole bottle. That kind of change takes time. And I used to love McDonalds - actually still do - but I know when I eat it I will get very, very ill and it will affect my running for a day or two. Not good.

Those kinds of changes take a lot of time. And if you have a goal of 5 weeks, you might hit it, you might not. But my goal is my lifetime - my goal is to be healthy and stay healthy for my life. My goal is be a full fledged runner at some point in my life. My goal isn't X lbs in X weeks . . . If you adjust your mindset to just being healthy for life, maybe you will find you can "stick to it" a little easier than driving yourself insane trying to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks. To lose 1 lb you need a 3,500 calorie deficit. So to lose 10 lbs, you need a 35,000 calorie deficit over those 5 weeks. That is a 7,000 calorie deficit per week or 1,000 calorie deficit per day. Can you eat to be satisfied and still be within a 1,000 calorie deficit? You would have to be eating 1,000 calories less than your body needs to lose that kind of weight. Two things will happen: you'll get hangry like no body's business and drive yourself crazy or you'll start down a path of being really unhealthy.

I don't think it's sustainable long term.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    hmmmm.... honestly I think it's healthier to use fitspo than thinspo. If you image google "fitness models" you will find a ton of it!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Breezy: According to Google, a stone is 14 pounds. So your 25 lb is 3 lb less than 2 stone; 2 stone is 28 lb. Hope that helps!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I used to set timelines. Now I'll be happy to hit my goal weight before I die.

I've been at this for over 2 years now. I've been up and down (mostly down), I learned what works and what doesn't - for me. Saying I need to lose xx lbs by xxx stresses me out and I go the opposite way.

I agree with the thinspo. Google it. You will come across more eating disorder posts that you'd imagine. Fitspo seems to be geared more towards health and fitness (all my opinion).