Endless Cycle! Help!

Options
How do you keep the momentum going? One day I'll wake up enthusiastic and raring to go and then a week later I'm back to square one! I know what needs to be done, I am really struggling with the motivation side. I'm currently 172 lbs, 5 ft 6 in. I am a mother of five so my body has certainly been through the wars! My goal is to get to a toned 160 lbs. Possibly 154 lbs in the future but I think starting at 160 lbs is an easier concept for me to grasp at this stage! My diet!........I don't really have a strict diet, I eat what I want. I know I have food intolerances such as bread, pasta and rice! Not good! I exercise at least twice a week, 2-3 hour sessions. I do try to experiment with my diet and try to eat healthy but I grow bored very quickly and slip back into old habits. Snacking on crisps, cakes and chocolate! I need to find healthy alternatives that I can maintain. Please feel free to add me as a friend, share your comments and suggestions as to how I may be able to move forward. I welcome any motivation or support and likewise am happy to do the same. We can all help each other out on this journey. :) Thanks guys!

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Don't see it as a diet. See it as a habit change. And for lack of a better word, a lifestyle change.

Stop thinking about the weight loss aspect.

Your aren't dieting, you're changing your eating habits to feel more energetic, and exercising to keep your bones, muscles and heart healthy. You're doing this for your health, your goal is NOT weight loss.

The weight loss is just a result of your new habits...
  • ZinaColeen
    ZinaColeen Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Leana088! I know once I change my eating habits everything else will follow. I appreciate your comment! :)
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think you have reasonable goals. You like comfort foods like me. Maybe try baking healthier versions rather than cut them out entirely. Carrots will never be cake. That said, I had a major sugar in my coffee habit for decades that I broke finally.

I think making small doable adjustments is a good plan.
  • caldrama
    caldrama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was thinking you may have quicker results if you broke up your exercise unto four or five days. Perhaps 45 -60 minute sessions ???
  • ZinaColeen
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Sorry for late response. I am definitely adjusting my eating habits with healthier options. I make smoothies with fresh and frozen fruit to help battle my sweet cravings. So far so good! I was also considering spreading out my training over 5 days for shorter periods. Two days in the gym and three days aerobic dvds. Anyways, it's a reasonable goal. So wish me perseverance and success! ;)
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I KNOW what I am supposed to do, but it takes something extra to actually do it! My husband also has a food addiction, so there are usually arguments about food if I don't give in. Feel kind of stuck at the moment...need a live-in nutritionist!
  • ZinaColeen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BBeccaJean we could all certainly do with a live - in nutritionist! ;) Mind over matter is very important when it comes to lifestyle changes, especially with the food we consume. Right now I am have a positive change. I am definitely making healthier choices always mindful of where I have come from, not wanting to go back and figuring ways to enjoy food without it being detrimental to my health or weight. Take small steps that you may find easier to maintain. You can do it! :)