Pregnant and MFP

Options
So i wanted to introduce myself. Name's Ashley :smiley: I am 29 and will be a mother of 4, I started using MFP after my second and had great success BUT like many of us decided I had everything I needed and didn't need the inconvenience of a tracker and accountability tool. :neutral_face: Then came baby number 3 and now shortly after I am carrying baby 4. I have already gotten flack b/c of saying that I am watching what I eat SO if you feel you must please say your peace but keep in mind I am not trying to lose right now. I just want to get back to the basics of being healthy through good eating habits and regular exercise. Thanks for your support and friendship. All advice is welcome thought

Replies

• smyrnist
    smyrnist Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Ashley!... I have just learned that I am also pregnant and I switched my goal to losing weight to maintaining weight because I am currently using the app to track my nutrition in order to keep everything in balance for the baby...
  • dterpsy
    dterpsy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think using something like MFP to keep track of your macronutrients and be sure you are making healthy choices for yourself and your baby is a great idea. I remember being told that you aren't really eating for two, so you don't need to double your caloric intake. Keeping track of how much you're actually eating seems to me like it would help you gain an appropriate amount of weight during your pregnancy, and therefore you'd have less to lose after.

I wish both of you healthy pregnancies, speedy low-pain deliveries and a lifetime of joy with your little ones.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Being healthy during your pregnancy is so important. I know you can do this! I am a birth doula and would be happy to chat. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BluEyedDeviant
    BluEyedDeviant Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Feel free to add me