P90X questions

Options
I'm going to be starting P90X on Monday. I turn 22 tomorrow and while I've been dieting and exercising a little, it's been kind of a half-assed effort. Anyways, I was just wondering, for those of you who've done this, did you use weights or resistance bands? I don't have either, so I'm just debating which I should buy. Did you follow the nutrition guide as well? I'd really prefer not to follow it and just focus on eating mainly fresh fruits, veggies, and protein (mainly fish, chicken, and low fat Greek yogurt). Thoughts? As always, thanks for the input!

Replies

• thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used both weights and bands. If you don't want to buy both, you can get by using bands as weights without a problem.

I tried to follow the nutrition guide but it got annoying. I did follow the general guideline (eat lots of protein and little carbs for phase one, then a little less protein and a little more carbs, then lots of carbs) and that worked fine for me. I also didn't lose much weight when I tried to eat on a huge deficit. I had to lower my mfp goal to only 1 lb a week and eat my exercise calories before the scale would move happily.

Good luck!