Paleo diet to lose weight? Any success story?

Options
bluedreamlight
bluedreamlight Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'm 5.1'', and weigh 160 lb. I have really slow metabolism and have been struggling to lose weight over the years. My friend suggested me to try paleo diet, and sent me a cookbook link. is it worth the money? i guess $25 is cheap for 300+ recipes, but i thought i'd like to reach out for some advice! Thanks!

Replies

• mattowan
    mattowan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Paleo Diet works, but like anything if you overdo it it won't work. Take it easy on the nuts, and try to stick to leaner cuts of meat, especially if you aren't using pastured sources.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    paleo diet is totally unnecessary for weight loss.

all you need is a calorie deficit, and make sure that you hit your micros and macro targets for the day …

also, the paleo diet has nothing to do with how actual paleolithic people ate.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Any kind of diet "can" work since the body metabolizes carbs for energy first then looks for other means the paleo diet is certainly an option. Bottom line though too much of anything is not going to work.

I will also say the only way to permanently boost your metabolism is strength and resistance training.
  • nrogersfitandfab
    nrogersfitandfab Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what paleo is, but I think basically eating whole foods, not processed no refined sugars. I am trying that too, but also I am not eating breads and snacks, but choosing carbs from natural fruits and vegetables. I have lost 4 lbs so far, its been 4 weeks. :) I love fitness pal for counting my calories and keeping me accountable! If you decrease the calories no matter what you eat, and increase the exercise you will see results!
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    Thank you guys for replying! These are all really good advice.
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    I'm not sure what paleo is, but I think basically eating whole foods, not processed no refined sugars. I am trying that too, but also I am not eating breads and snacks, but choosing carbs from natural fruits and vegetables. I have lost 4 lbs so far, its been 4 weeks. :) I love fitness pal for counting my calories and keeping me accountable! If you decrease the calories no matter what you eat, and increase the exercise you will see results!

I'm using fitness pal to cut down calories too, but somehow i only have like, 50 calories left by the end of the day (i exercise regularly but it seems like whatever i eat has tons of calories).