Looking into Isagenix??? Any comments?

Options
I'm trying to find something to get a jump start on weight loss again! I am exercising and have that part down..but need to re loss about 20#. I have a friend that sells this and I am looking into it, but would love to know if any of you have tried it and what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Save your money or invest in some quality gym equipment instead.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I have used the isapro shakes as a protein supplement and they are pretty good, but I don't like the idea of limiting food variety by relying on shakes for most of one's intake. Even if it's fortified with the full RDA of micronutrients for which recommendations are established, there are many beneficial photochemicals that you will miss.

There is no magic to these programs, they just help to reduce overall calories, which you can do for free by either reducing portion sizes, switching to less calorie dense foods, or a combination of both.

Just my opinion; good luck to you on whatever you choose.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Its just a meal replacement shake (like slimfast or other brands). If you want to drink your calories - there is nothing wrong with it (although there are much cheaper options out there).

I prefer to eat my calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Any program of weight loss works if you follow their recommendations, however they all have one thing in common.....................a calorie deficit. And you can do that for FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know you are all right....I need to turn on my mind switch.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Turn on your mind switch by eating a giant plate of salad...maybe with some plain tuna, chick peas, or poached chicken on top, and dressed with a very light portion of vinegar and oil salad dressing.

Fiber+protein+small amount of fat=tasty healthy glow to jump start your "I'm rocking this health thing!" feelings. And, it actually IS rocking the health thing, so, you know...WIN.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Voodoo is what I call it. Just log your food and stay within your calories and you will be all good. I know it can be easy to want the quick way. I tried for many years until one day I told myself it didn't happen over night it won't be lost over night. Also, I find it so funny that very little of the people that push that stuff have any nutritional back ground or training.

Good luck!
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is all over my FB feed, thanks to an enterprising individual who has bought into the, er, program. It's just a meal replacement shake, along with what looks like a lot of pseudoscience and motivational claptrap.

You can do that for free, and without alienating a friend by buying it, deciding that it's not worth the cost, and then deciding to not buy it anymore.
  • pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • katsollenberger313
    katsollenberger313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use it every morning as a smoothie with frozen fruit and spinach. I like it although it hasn't helped my weight loss efforts. Lots of people do like it and get great results. I don't use all the other products- just the isalean powder. Might as well give it a shot and see what you think.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Blogscience that references Mercola. Nope.