35 lbs lost in a year! Slow and steady.

Options
zestyzesty
zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
Just wanted to say, that some weight loss is slower but it is still weight lost and reduced risk of of weight-related illness. My focus is my health and it's now quite a bit better. I am also no longer morbidly obese, something I haven't been for years now! I hope this will inspire others that have a lot to lose and busy lives and find it hard sometimes. With perseverance, it can be done. Good luck to all those others on a mission for health! :)

Replies

• reginaj30
    reginaj30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep it up at whatever pace you choose
  • bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Me too! 30 pounds in one year. Slow and steady builds lifetime success!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    35 lbs is my goal exactly and I'm hoping to do it in a year! Thanks for letting me know it can be done :):)
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. You are truly an inspiration. It's easy to stick with the road to healthy when the payoff is immediate. It is much harder to stay on that path when the rewards are farther away. In your case it sounds like the reward is definitely there and you've succeeded in making a lifestyle change
  • nola_girl504
    nola_girl504 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well done and well said
  • shana1819
    shana1819 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is something I been struggling with been going to the gym for 8 months and no weight loss actually alot of weight gain. I just recently changed my diet so hopefully something gives. I try to look at it for the health benefits but I really want to loose weight
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is slowly becoming my mindset - every pound lost is a pound I don't carry around anymore no matter how slow it is. I would love to lose 35lbs. Congrats OP to a job well done with consistency!
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lb each year for the past 2 years. Working on my third and hopefully last year til I get to my goal. (total of 90 lb lost) It has been a lifestyle change and one I know I can keep up with for the rest of my life. Congratulations!!!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is a-ok! Same way I'm attacking it. Keep up the good work!
  • zestyzesty
    Options
    Hello! Just re-read this almost a year later. Such kind and motivating words! I have kept going (with a few bumps in the road) and now lost 64lbs. Hopefully, it will be 70lbs by March! Hope you are all on track with your goals. Thanks again for the encouragement! :-D
  • giraffe_draft
    giraffe_draft Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kittymou wrote: »
    Hello! Just re-read this almost a year later. Such kind and motivating words! I have kept going (with a few bumps in the road) and now lost 64lbs. Hopefully, it will be 70lbs by March! Hope you are all on track with your goals. Thanks again for the encouragement! :-D

Go you, Kittymou!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You set your own goals to achieve. Congrats to your success, and I hope you continue to meet your goals!
  • zestyzesty
    Options
    Thank you giraffe_draft and treehopper...means a lot! Gained 4lbs back this week, oh dear.... better up the swimming/walking and throw away the biscuits!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!