Training for spartan run need MFP friends to stay competitive!

Options
Add me! I'm 31 trying to get back in shape for multitude of reasons mostly just to feel good and stay healthy into old age. Good luck to everyone on there own personal journey!

Replies

• rranucci
    rranucci Posts: 7
    Options
    Good for you. I'm 58 with two hip replacements and took up boxing two months ago. It's never too late. I plan to get into peak shape of my lifetime in the next year. I hope you have the best race of your life and exceed your highest goals! Congratulations on your new dedication.
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Best of luck on your Spartan training! If I may ask, which race are you doing??? If this is your first, my best advice is: You can never do enough cardio.

Aroo!!! :D
  • JW_Reece
    JW_Reece Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job. Very inspiring keep up the great work
  • omegaoutlaw
    omegaoutlaw Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @franciscvalera‌ I will be starting with the sprint in October located outside fort Campbell ky. (Technically in Clarksville tn) then will be hopefully go straight into a spartan super shortly after in Nashville. Appreciate the cardio heads up! I think I'm more concerned about throwing a spear ha.
  • FrancisCV7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @omegaoutlaw‌ I did the Virginia Super, this past August, as my first one and while it's been rumored to be one of the more difficult spartans, I loved it. Unfortunately, due to financial and time constraints, I'm not sure if I'll be able to conquer another one this year (4 weddings to attend, including my own+I started a new, summer-intensive, job last month). However, my sister is going for a triple trifecta--she's nuts :#

Anyway, in terms of the spear throw: I watched some spear throwing technique videos on youtube, but never had a chance to try it out on my own before my race. My actual throw had the distance but by the time it reached the target it had gone perpendicular :s

• omegaoutlaw
    Options
    @franciscvalera‌ Gratz on the wedding man, I have heard virginia is one of the more brutal courses. The trifecta! Yea the spartan beast is a ways out on my radar that's serious. Would be cool though to rock a trifecta medal, probably would frame it force people to listen to me talk about it. I'll let ya know how my spear throw goes I may end up in the same boat as you.
  • FrancisCV7
    Options
    Would be cool though to rock a trifecta medal, probably would frame it force people to listen to me talk about it.

HAH! Reminds me of a joke.. how do you pick out the CrossFitter from a crowd???

Don't worry, they'll tell you. ;)

• omegaoutlaw
    Options
    Lol I do not want to be "that" guy.
  • mandy_bird
    mandy_bird Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did a Spartan Sprint last year and loved it. Wish I could do one this year, but there aren't any Spartan races nearby. I'm thinking about doing another mudrun/obstacle race this year in August. Friend me if you want another Spartan to stay accountable with! Aroo!
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I just signed up for Spartan Super, nine and a half weeks from now. I see a lot of burpees in my future!
    Would love to swap training tips and nightmares with fellow soon-to-be Spartans. :)