Bookworms Unite!

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sculptcha wrote: »
    great idea for a thread! what are you currently reading? I'm reading the pevear/volokhonsky translation of crime and punishment.

friend request sent. let me know if you start a book club group lol

I really like the Pevear/Volokhonsky Doestoevsky translations. Got me back into his books.

I'm reading the new(ish) David Mitchell, Bone Clocks, but am not very far yet.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love to read. I'm real big on reading fiction and anything with supernatural elements to it. I tend to read a bit too much and spend a bit more than I should on ebooks! =)

Amazon is totally making a killing on me!!! I have had to set an eBook budget lol or we would being making some sacrifices lol.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Re reading Harry Potter ❤️ and just finished The Enemy series by Charlie Hogson which is set in an awesome post apocalyptic zombie infested world.
    Big fan of dystopia and quality young adult works.
    Literature graduate, professional writer.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a reader, too. I have to read.

I'm reading the Lucas Davenport series right now. Some good ones I've read recently:

Big Little Lies
    The Girl on the Train
    I'll Give You the Sun
    The Handmaid's Tale
  • slamminhams
    slamminhams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yay fellow book people!

Personally I'm catching up on some Tolkein at the moment, not sure where to go next!

feel free to friend me all :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I also love to read - anything and everything from herbal nutritional healing to pulp fiction. I particularly enjoy historical based fiction and thrillers. After a few light hearted reads, I'll throw a classic into the mix just so I don't feel like a penny dreadful shmuck.

I'm also a writer and some day will write the great American novel along with a couple children's books for my grandkids. :o For now I post on MFP and journal infrequently.

I'm currently reading The Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner.
    Waiting in the wings -
    How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway
    The Secret Supper by Javier Sierra
    The Biography of Oswald West by Joe R. Blakely
    Brides of Eden by Linda Crew

I'm sure there are other book groups on MFP, but I think we should start a new one! It's hard to keep up with a rambling thread (in my experience).

I welcome new friends, so feel free to send me a request!
  • sup3rb3ast
    sup3rb3ast Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So many readers! That is awesome. English Literature is my second major, the other one being Psychology, and I am in the last year of my undergrad degree. I will be sticking with psychology for graduate school but I hope I can complete a PhD in literature in the future.

As far as genre, I love speculative fiction. Particularly sprawling series. My favorites are A Song of Ice and Fire, The Dark Tower, Lord of the Rings, and the Earthsea Chronicles. I also read other genres. I love classics from the nineteenth century, Jane Eyre is my favorite from that genre. Other all-time favorites include 1984, Animal Farm, A Clockwork Orange and A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I would love to befriend fellow bookworms!
  • JanuaryButterfly84
    JanuaryButterfly84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Re reading Harry Potter ❤️ and just finished The Enemy series by Charlie Hogson which is set in an awesome post apocalyptic zombie infested world.
    Big fan of dystopia and quality young adult works.
    Literature graduate, professional writer.
    I'm currently rereading HP too. Can't get enough....
  • Amylee82513
    Options
    Hi! Im a huge bookworm as well! I recently got a tattoo of a open book with an ink well and feather pen next to it. On the pages is a quote from Harry Potter. I'm new here and would love some fitness friends if anyone wants to add!
  • Rari2017
    Rari2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also a huge book fan. My favorite author is J.R Ward she as a series on the black daggerbrother hood.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    CocoLate3 wrote: »
    Hi I am also a huge book fan. My favorite author is J.R Ward she as a series on the black daggerbrother hood.

Omg love the brotherhood series can't wait for Tuesday when the new book comes out. My favorite so far has been rhages. I have read it about a million times lol.
  • tiffany82manross
    tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love reading!! I'm reading Joanna fluke "hannah swensen mysteries"
  • lotusstargirl
    Options
    I'm a total bookworm always have been which contributed to an unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. But I'm ready for a change. I want to run , rock climb l, spelunk(cave exploring) and join a roller derby team. I can't currently do these things because I weigh 300 lbs. I'm turning 31 this weekend and starting a new career as a vet tech and it's time to take my life back!!!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have 390 books on my wish list...never enough time to read. My New Years Resolution was to read 25 books (huge props to the lady who reads 100 a year!) in 2015. So far so good, I'm on #8 - a biography about Peter Gabriel.

Favorite author is Stephen King.

Anyone use Library Thing? It really helps me keep track of my library and lists of books yet to enjoy. I also finally broke down and got a Kindle before we went to China last summer. Such a great little device...I still read book books too. But on the road? You gotta have a Kindle.
  • mwuycheck
    mwuycheck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just as you all are, I'm a bookworm in every way! I cannot believe you're all out there- just like me! Please add me and I'll add you- all my love
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Penthouse forum. Add me!