5' 2" need support :/

Options
sampedroevans
sampedroevans Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
So I have used MFP successfully in the past, but never got involved with others in forums or discussions. I am in a happy relationship that has made me a little too comfortable. In the past 6 months, I have gained 50 pounds to bring me up to a whopping 259, heavier than I have ever been. I feel stupid and depressed about how I look and feel. I want to be in a healthy weight range (120-140) because I already have health problems. I need help from anyone who is willing to support me and help me lose this weight. I appreciate any and all of you.

Replies

• toggoboge
    toggoboge Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, I'm like you, used this in the past but have let my health slip again. I'm actually in a new relationship and worried that as we get more comfortable I'll pile on the pounds (have already put on nearly a stone, *eekk*). So I had my first day of tracking today and it feels great! And I did a little exercise, seriously a little..... But I did it! So wanna be buddies? And lady I hear you on feeling down on yourself. I watched a cool thing on how we gain self esteem and it's by doing things, so each day we track, each time we do some exercise we gain self esteem, made sense to me.
  • dragon_sla
    dragon_sla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. Remember we all go through it. Tomorrow is a new day. Take it one step at a time and watch it work. If I can do it know you can too. Your on the right track and can accomplish your goal. If you want feel free to add me. On every night.
  • sampedroevans
    Options
    Thank you both so much. I'm also homeless right now, moving from one place to another every week, and it's making everything worse. Hopefully soon I'll have saved enough for an apt.
  • onlyadrizzle
    onlyadrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be there to support you! I am also in a happy relationship and definitely put on almost 30 pounds over the past couple of years so now I'm trying to get it off! (:
  • whitneyl227
    whitneyl227 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know exactly how you feel, I am 5'1 (being short makes weight so much harder to lose) and in a committed relationship. I have about 30 pounds I want to lose as well!
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are both cracking down on each other to get better since moving in together I shot up 30 lbs but started MFP on Mrach 3 and I am already down 6 lbs. you can definitely get it done if you track and get things in order
  • Wowwiee
    Wowwiee Posts: 2
    Options
    omg shorties unite! I am super tiny! I am only 4'11 and it is super hard for me to lose the weight I have gained over the years. I want to lose 10lbs. Let's all help each other!