JM's Shred it with Weights?

Options
anyone tried it?
I am considering ordering it tonight.. and would like some feedback on it

Replies

• andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    It's decent, nothing really special. I'd go for "No More Trouble Zones" if you don't already have it. :) a lot better.
  • kbryanmc
    kbryanmc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I love anything Jillian though. I just did the 30 day shred it, and now I'm doing the Shred It Weights. You can use either a kettlebell or a regular weight. I burn approx 285 cal/ 28 min and I'm 155 lbs. Good luck!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    don't get it... do some research on it. she was criticized heavily for putting out a "kettle bell" workout when she knows nothing about it. I am not a kettle bell person at all and I thought it would be a good start. I did the dvd using a hand weight instead of a kettle bell which she suggested, and I literally couldn't move for ddaayyss. I don't think that its healthy or safe to do the moves in the video. it wasn't a good kind of sore at all.

I'm a huge proponent of every other JM video but don't waste your money on this one. No More Trouble Zones will give what you are looking for and if you want to go the kettle bell route then look for someone who is recognized and supported by the kettle bell community.
  • thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've done NMTZ, 30 DS, pretty much ALL of Jillian's videos. I can't disagree more about Shred it. It is FANTASTIC! It's the only one of her videos that can still leave me sore the next day. If you're not sore, try heavier weights. I use a 15 lb one and it's a good burn.
  • aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ive only tried 30day shred with Jillian, and its deff a workout!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    So many people criticize this workout! I love integrating it into my routine. After I purchased a kettle bell I integrate it as one of my strength routines. It is quite advanced and doesn't really warm you up. I like to do this workout after a cardio workout or warm-up.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    See if you can get it from the library first! I love JM, and the Shred, but I haven't done the "with weights" one. I love the Shred (25 mins and body transforming), No More Trouble Zones (55 mins and heavily focused on weights and strength), and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (55 mins and focused more on cardio - bigger calorie burn).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've been working for kettlebells for over a year and I liked it. I can understand that if you're a beginner with kbs it might not be the best, but my review was that it was tough and I enjoyed it.