I live in Alaska, so I should be out enjoying it.

arcticlynx1
arcticlynx1 Posts: 33 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am Michael, but you can call me Mike. I am a life long Alaskan, who has had to deal with the issues of 9 months of winter which has hampered my exercising a bit over the years.

As an Alaskan I strongly feel the reason people live here is to get out in Alaska and experience this place, even if they work a desk job. Almost two decades ago I had a knee injury that has given me many problems keeping in shape, and had a second surgery two years ago that has put me a bit back on track. Over time (and with my many sitting jobs) I have put on quite a bit of weight. So I am here to get back in shape so I can get back outdoors and enjoy the place I live in.

Secondly I want to be in better health so hopefully I can be on this planet a bit longer for my friends and family, with a return to dating a distant third. Plus we all know that better health usually means we are less likely to be spending lots of time in hospitals and doctors offices. So another bonus there.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs and get in shape enough, so that if I want to tackle any adventure (biking, hiking, cross country skiing, or whatever), I can without any real health problems blocking my way.

Replies

• Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Yes you should ! You'll find that with the help of this site ( people from all over the world) that changing your lifestyle is very obtainable- You'll be there for those you love if you put the effort into it . Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    You can do it.Takes time,commitment,motivation and being strong to stick to logging and trying to eat healthier.
    good luck
    jane
  • Reald
    Reald Posts: 7
    I just started to! Best wishes to you on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.