staying on track during hard times

Options
Hi all

I'm currently going through some difficult personal issues and am having a hard time getting motivated to get out of bed and go to work on the morning, let alone work out and eat right. How do you stay motivated when all you want to do is nothing?

Replies

• pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Try to make good choices but don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to all the time. Things will get better in time.

Making it out of bed is half the battle when life is rough.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    In times like this, focus on getting enough rest, working, and eating well. The exercise is a bonus, and if you get in a workout, great. If not, don't fret. There will come a day when things get better and you can do ALL of it most days. And if all you can do is sleep and work so you don't end up homeless, that's okay, too. One day, one step at a time.
  • Start a new project/tv show/book/etc that you're willing to finish so you'll have a reason to get up everyday :D
    Works for me most of the time
  • nradebe
    nradebe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Having a set plan helps, i think because then you don't have to think about "making good choices". Another thing with gym is that the hurdle is getting there, once you are there its easy, maybe get an accountability partner, for me it usually helps when I know that someone is waiting for me. Also I struggled with loosing weight for a long time untill I started tracking my food coz then it helped me "see" just how much I was eating, and it took the guesswork out of it. ANd also pray about you situation. Nothing is impossible with God.
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Never beat yourself up. Chances are, you have someone else all too willing to do that for you. I pray . I exercise because it helps with my own moods.( I can't right now because I have had a recent hip replacement.) Just do what you can right where you are. People have told me to take care of myself, eating and sleeping right, exercising,etc,but it is SOO hard.It is truly one baby step at a time sometimes. I will pray for you right now and you can friend and message me if you want. Take care of yourself, and I believe God will take care of you, too.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For me I just see it as a responsibility I have to complete when I don't have the motivation. If I sit in bed and think too long about how much I don't want to workout or cook something healthy instead of takeout, I will very likely give in. SO instead I don't allow myself the time to doubt and just follow through with the motions.
    I'm dealing with some personal problems as well, and I can guarantee you that you're future self with thank you for pushing through even when you lack the drive :) Oh, but don't put too much pressure on yourself if you're really struggling! Take care