Options
Hi all! I

Replies

• lorieJJ2
    lorieJJ2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oops. Fat fingers!!

Anyway....

I've been logging on MFP for about a month. I'm on 1200 calories and I do intermittent exercise but I am getting better!

I weigh myself daily (bad, I know, but I can't help it). And nothing. Nothing has come off. In fact it's gone up! Especially the day after I work out (I'm guessing muscle swelling or water retention).

So. Not. Motivating.

I would love to lose 20lbs. But at this rate, it seems impossible.
  • lorieJJ2
    lorieJJ2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lorieJJ2 wrote: »
    Oops. Fat fingers!!

Anyway....

I've been logging on MFP for about a month. I'm on 1200 calories and I do intermittent exercise but I am getting better!

I weigh myself daily (bad, I know, but I can't help it). And nothing. Nothing has come off. In fact it's gone up! Especially the day after I work out (I'm guessing muscle swelling or water retention).

So. Not. Motivating.

I would love to lose 20lbs. But at this rate, it seems impossible.

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I go through fazes of wanting to step on the scale all the time. I only record one day for the week, but I step on the scale when I want to. Seeing the weight jump back and forth on different days can be a little discouraging, oh well. A lot of people have noticed that their weight goes up the day after exercising. Some people see the gain in weight as proof that they worked hard the day before, same thing with sweating. Good luck on your 20 pounds.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are your clothes fitting better? Do you feel stronger? Those might be different ways to measure your progress.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's possible to slim down without losing pounds. Check your measurements. If you're still not seeing results, make sure that you're weighing your food and accurately tracking the calories you're eating. It's so easy to accidentally over-eat when you're estimating. It's also easy to overestimate your calories burned, so if you've been eating your exercise calories try only eating half.

Plus, depending on how close you are to your goal weight it could just take more time to see results.

Stick with counting and exercising for a few more weeks. If you still don't see results, talk to your doctor about any health conditions or medications that could be affecting your weight loss.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit needed. Up your cardio exercise and make sure you are not eating more than you think. Measure/weigh until you are sure. Take some pictures and measurements as recommended above. Weighing every day is ok if you are emotionally equipped to handle a saw-toothed weight graph. Weight loss is hard---get focused and stop whining. ;)
  • BelieveNurSELFIE
    BelieveNurSELFIE Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Experts suggest weighting oneself Friday, which is what I do. We generally weight less on Friday for some reason, and it sets you up for the weekend ahead! This has been writing well for me. I would try not to weigh everyday because our weight fluctuates daily
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only record on Sunday.

If you aren't losing it is probably because you are eating more than you realize.

If you make your diary public you might get further help.