best fitness wearable/ fitness tracker???

Options
I currently have the original version nike fuel band and want to trade up to something newer. I love the style of the fuelband. There are just so many out there now!! Let me know suggestions before I spend that kinda dough! :-)

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I currently have the original version nike fuel band and want to trade up to something newer. I love the style of the fuelband. There are just so many out there now!! Let me know suggestions before I spend that kinda dough! :-)

Have you searched for reviews of them? I have a Fitbit HR. I like it but that's about all I will say.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Charge hr!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Charge hr!

Yep I love mine too :D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit ZIP

don't like the HR versions - happy to stick with my Polar for specific workouts for that
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Garmin's are pretty cool too... :blush:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine, because I swim and it was the only one I can find that tracks your swimming. :smile: It depends on what kind of exercise you are doing or planning on doing.
  • Joyeuxbelle
    Joyeuxbelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've got a Garmin Vivosmart...it's perfect for tracking activities and calories, and it was recommended over the Fitbit brand by the shop.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I've got a Fitbit One and it works great for me. I could never have a wristband one - I can't stand wearing bracelets or even watches so I'd never keep it on, whereas the One can clip onto anywhere and not be noticed. It's also generally shown to be one of the more accurate fitness trackers, even compared to other Fitbits. No heart rate monitor though, so you'll have to look for another one if you want that.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Loop with a HR monitor. I'm happy with it and it interacts with MFP
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit hr. I really like it except it is very odd looking...
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 with chest strap that I wear for workouts. I'm still trying to find the real benefit it having a wearable fitness monitor.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 with chest strap that I wear for workouts. I'm still trying to find the real benefit it having a wearable fitness monitor.

For me a wearable band works as a reminder to keep moving. As someone just starting out with exercise (again) and still stay within HR levels that my Dr wants me too The calories I think I am burning given from MFP dont always correspond to the Loop and I have to actually go over and above a set activity level to actually get those calories to count.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a Withings Pulse and I don't recommend it.
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @winninglosing43‌ (hey we have the same profile pic!) I got a jawbone up that I love. Very bracelet like, without any "bumps" or "lumps" to knock on everything ( had purchased an off brand fitbit that i returned after 2 days b/c of this). I can set an idle alarm to remind me to move if i am still for too long, a silent alarm clock (vibrates to wake me up), it tracks my sleep and how many times I wake up. I love it. Paid $40 for it on amazon (free shipping).

It all depends on what you personally are looking for
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit (they don't make them anymore but are still available - I think they've been replaced by the Jawbone Up3) and I love the hell out of it. It's super, super accurate.

It has downsides though. It's bulky, conspicuous, and comes with a $6.95 monthly fee. Also, if you accidentally knock the strap loose while taking off your cardigan in church, it makes a beeping tone to let you know that it can no longer read your body temperature. Invariably, this happens in the middle of a moment of silent prayer.

But, I still love the hell out of it :heart:
  • cricket172
    Options
    If you are looking for a little bit cheaper version, I have the LifeTrak with heart rate monitor and love the options with it. It's always on because I need a watch but it counts steps, calories for the whole day and distance very well. You can set goals and it also has a separate workout spot where you can see all those options and check your heart rate for your specific workout. Love it to see just how many calories I burn in Zumba!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I have a BodyMedia Fit (they don't make them anymore but are still available - I think they've been replaced by the Jawbone Up3) and I love the hell out of it. It's super, super accurate.

It has downsides though. It's bulky, conspicuous, and comes with a $6.95 monthly fee. Also, if you accidentally knock the strap loose while taking off your cardigan in church, it makes a beeping tone to let you know that it can no longer read your body temperature. Invariably, this happens in the middle of a moment of silent prayer.

But, I still love the hell out of it :heart:

I love mine too. I've maintained for years eating to my Fit numbers. I was shocked to see how my calorie burn numbers changed post total hysterectomy--menopause metabolism change is no myth!

I have also noticed that since I have been able to heavy lift again, my baseline calorie burn has increased from .8 to .9--woo hoo for more muscle! That's an extra 140 calories I can eat a day!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »

I love mine too. I've maintained for years eating to my Fit numbers. I was shocked to see how my calorie burn numbers changed post total hysterectomy--menopause metabolism change is no myth!

I have also noticed that since I have been able to heavy lift again, my baseline calorie burn has increased from .8 to .9--woo hoo for more muscle! That's an extra 140 calories I can eat a day!

That is awesome! My Fit saved my weight loss when I bought it three years ago. MFP was wanting me to eat around 1300 calories. I was sick and hungry and miserable all the time, which led to me saying "screw the diet, I'm eating whatever I want."

It turned out that my average TDEE on non-workout days was about 2100. When I first got my Fit, I had a really hard time trusting it, but when I did I started dropping weight at 0.5lb per week just predicted.

I'm thinking about buying another one off Amazon because I don't know what I'll do if this one finally dies!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up but if considering Jawbone, get the 24 with bluetooth syncing and also for your phone, make sure it has van app! I just upgraded to a Nokia lumia and jawbone hasn't created an app for windows phones... I do know that fitbit does have an app!!! Also the manual syncing sucks. I've had two faulty bands... Definitely check the reviews!!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Anyone waiting for the Apple watch?