What's a yummy cereal that's high in fiber and low in sugar?

Options
I just bought a box of Special K cinnamon pecan cereal that was on sale. It taste amazing but I realized there is little fiber in it!
This defeats the purpose of eating cereal to keep me full till lunch! Is there a cinnamony cereal out there that is better for you?
Thanks!

Replies

• selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think there is a Fiber One Cinnamon Cereal.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Multi Grain cheerios.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Apples are high in fiber, but you need to eat the skin. I LOVE the 90 calorie fiber one bars that are chocolate & peanut butter flavored. Yum!

Don't know if either is low in sugar...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal. Not sure if the sugar since I don't track that, but it's high in fiber and tastes amaaaaazing.
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not sure how low in sugar you're looking for. I just tried Kashi Cinnamon Harvest - 5g dietary fiber, 9g sugars.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    kashi go lean high fiber high protien is my favorite!
  • odonnellpt
    odonnellpt Posts: 1
    Options
    It is not cinnamon but the Trader Joes High Fiber fruit and nut cereal is really good, high fiber, low calorie and low sugar. 2/3 cup is 90 calories
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    Kashi cereal's are really yummy. Go lean is the best for you, but they have 2 Cinnamons
    Whole Wheat Biscuits Cinnamon Harvest
    Heart To Heart Cereal Warm Cinnamon Oat
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Branflakes!
  • redrustdobe
    redrustdobe Posts: 43
    Options
    Agree with Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Calories seem high, but with all the fiber & protein it'll keep you full until snack time!
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Fiber One honey clusters has 13g fiber and only 5g sugar. It is YUMMY! I love it with soy milk and 1/2 cup blueberries. Add 1 TBSP of ground flaxseed for an extra fiber kick.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love the Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Shredded Wheat. It seems to keep me pretty full, and is really tasty.
  • ginakelley
    ginakelley Posts: 33
    Options
    Cheerios Cinnamin Burst are high fiber, not sure about sugar content tho... I eat them in the evening without milk for a crunchy snack... they are lower in the calorie department too!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kashi berry (add your own cinnamon)
    Any cereal by Kashi is high in fibre.
    Vector
    Oatmeal and add Fibre1 and cinnamon
  • ballwebhost
    ballwebhost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bran Flakes definately or All Bran (Both kellogs products) .. Seriously, these have very hight amounts of fibre in them and would definately benefit them... Recommended to me along with supliments and tablets givin to me last year by the hospital doctors when I was taken ill because of a lack of fibre and a certain movement in my body lol
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like that Kellogg's Fiber Plus cereal. and bars.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My face breakfast is a muller light with a 30g pack of oats plus a handful of frozen berries. Leave in fridge over night and it all melds together! High in fibre but the sugar is all natural :-)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I like the kashi cereals. Also, if you want a hot cereal, steel cut oats are my favorite. I cook them with half water, half milk (or amond or coconut milk, depending on the day) and cinnamon, some sort of fruit, some sort of nut and a touch of agave nectar. Yum. I also like to sprinkle cinnamon on plain old cheerios, no sugar needed. The trader joes cereals are too sweet for me, but combined with something not sweet, I like them.
  • andeygirl
    andeygirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite cereal is Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Yummy and good for you.
  • ruthcooper
    ruthcooper Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Bite Sized Mini Wheats....6 g fiber, 10 mg sodium, 1 g sugar, zero sat fat.