Options
scotsengland
scotsengland Posts: 2 Member
Hello anyone got any recipes for protein pan cakes

Replies

• sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe perse, but sometimes I mix protein powder into my regular pancake mix. I use pea protein, but any kind would work I'd guess.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A quick google search brought up tons of websites.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/20-best-healthy-protein-pancake-recipes.html
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Totally can do this a few ways depending on how much protien.
    Add a scoop of your vanilla protien powder to your pancake mix, milk instead of water. and just add a little extra milk slowly till it is the consistancy you like them.

You can also jsut sub milk for water and top the pancakes with peanut butter. ( I like to warm the smooth peanutbutter put and drizzle it on.

I am assuming you are usign a pre package mix like I do for this that say just add water. :)
  • luftherz
    luftherz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe I've found so far is:
    100g Banana
    30g protein powder (I'm using MET-RX whey vanilla)
    1 large egg
    1/4 cup dry oats, quick cook (or use a packet of instant oatmeal)

process the oats and protein powder in a food processor, add the egg and banana and process until you have a pancake batter. Then cook on a griddle or skillet for a minute or so or until you can lift it with a spatula and flip it over. Cook for another 30 seconds and BAM! Protein Pancakes.

I usually serve mine with mashed blackberries/raspberries/strawberries instead of syrups. But do what you like.

:)
  • circae
    circae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Simple recipe I use is 2 eggs, 1-2 bananas (depending on size), and a scoop of protien powder (vanilla tastes best but I've used unflavored too). Process in a blender and pour in the hot pan. That's it! You can also add in pumpkin or sweet potato for more filling and carbs or even a little coconut flour but I tend to keep it really simple. Sauté a few banana slices in some butter and it's heaven as a topping (bananas foster!) or top with almond butter or real maple syrup.
  • scotsengland
    scotsengland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks sounds good
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I saw one this morning, was just protein powder and an egg, mix and cook.
    (Source: Joe Wick, Body Coach)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Adapted from kissmybroccoliblog.com/2012/09/30/the-coffee-dilemma/

- 0.25 cup (or as much as required, or milk)
    - 30.00 grams oat flour (ground oats) or flour of choice
    - 1-2 egg whites (I change the amount all the time depending on my macros and desired consistency and other added ingredients), around 30-63g.
    - Scoop of preferred protein powder (grams vary by brand)

optional (for moisture and increased volume):
    - greek yogurt, however much you want to use and/or
    - a mashed banana (weight varies)

add any other fruit, chocolate, PB, etc that you'd like to add. Heat skillet to low-medium heat, add oil (I use 1/2 tsp or ~3-4g of coconut oil for the entire batch) before adding each pancake, flip once the pancake starts to bubble a bit or looks like it's getting cooked on the edges.

IME tastes best when using both banana and yogurt, cannot use only yogurt though. I'm sure you could use apple sauce, I've tried pureed apple but it was still kind of chunky and tasted weird to me.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    2 egg 1 banana and a scoop of whey (vanilla is best) blend then fry in coconut oil. So damn simple and delicious.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, 2 packets stevia. 230 calories leaves some room for a little butter and syrup or whatever.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and use protein pancake mix just add water :x P28 foods sells yummy ones, but there's other brands out there I hope to try!
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    two eggs, two oz of Neufchatel cream cheese vanilla extract cinnamon and splenda!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, oat bran, Greek yogurt with protein, cinnamon, servitol (sp?) splash of vanilla if you want extra low fat pancakes. :smiley: