I had a 3day binge and gained 8lbs...I feel and look awful.

Options
So I usually tend to eat very well and allow myself a treat meal of one pizza per week. But on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I lost all self control and literally went wild. I usually eat around 2000calories before my exercise of about 3/400 per day.

I guesstimate that I probably ate 4000 calories per day during my binge, but I've managed to gain just over 8lbs and my stomach looks ridiculously massive.

Comfort me. I feel awful.

Replies

• hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    don't be too hard on yourself. i've done that before yet, I am still losing weight in the long run. Just get yourself back to your usual diet routine. It might be 8lbs, but about 4 to 5 lbs of it can be water retention. I had a massive lunch once because I ended up at a buffet...I was 10 lbs over the next morning...but it all disappeared in about 3 to 4 days.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to see a doctor, so you can get some counselling.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. Don't let it discourage you because of you do it will only continue. Just accept it and move on. You will be just fine
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic, don't worry about a mistake. You probably really just needed the break after a period of good disciplined eating. The 8 lbs are not "real", it takes an excess of calories far over what you consumed in 3 days to gain 8 lbs of fat.

Cut yourself some slack. The important thing is moving forward with healthy eating while forgiving yourself for being human. :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    You're bloated. :) It will be okay. A few of those pounds will disappear within the next few days. Drink a lot of water to help things along.

And I'd like to meet the person who never messed up. ;) I had a eatathon fairly recently. Brushed myself off the next day and life went on.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ha! Same thing happened to me this past weekend, well sort of... I had control over the whole thing but just said who cares. Lol. Went out of town for my boys b-day and it included a lot of beer, liquor & tons of great food. Weighed myself the morning before I went out there, and weighed myself the morning after the day I got back. Gained 10lbs, literally. It's been 3 days since I got back and I've already dropped 8 of those lbs. Don't worry! Just get back on your diet & excercise regimen. Most of what you gained was water weight and should fall right off. Eyes on the prize my friend, bounce back!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Can't be 8 pounds of fat. Isn't 2 pounds of fat like 7k cal. You only over ate by 6000cal? Unless my math is off( I'm australian and use kj and kg) you would likely gain 1-2 pounds max and the rest is water weight or since you binged a big food baby.

Why did you binge? Something you need to talk to someone about? Likely to happen again?
  • Annanna91
    Annanna91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the nice comments and putting things in perspective. The last time I binged that bad was back in November and reflecting on it, I think a main cause is lack of sleep.
    I'm hoping it's just bloating that I've got otherwise I feel like I've undone all my hard work since December.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    The best thing we can do is forget it and move on. The guilt and self beating makes it hard for us to get back to great space.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    The binging is just a symtom of something else in your life. Have a talk with yourself. Write down your feelings. 1) Why do you want to lose weight? 2) What has stopped you from losing weight in the past? Dig and do some messy homework. Your body is worth the discoveries. I learned that I "settled" and that I need to put myself first. I learned that I am worth caring about. I learned that I need to work hard, make a conscienous effort, to allow that to occur. It's being present during all your day. No mindless eating. Enjoy and appreciate the journey you are on.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    To gain 8 pounds you would have had to have consumed 28,000 calories.

I'm worthless when I'm tired. I have no willpower because I can't think things through clearly, and all I want is grease and sugar. It's ok to prioritize sleep even when you're young :)
  • Jacqueline114455
    Options
    Hey, I also just came off a 3 day binge. I didn't log any food and was under a lot of stress. I know that my "progress" was delayed some because of the weight gain and mental trauma. I am back though to a sound mind and physical diligence, every time I come back I get stronger. This health is not about the quick fix it is about using food as a benefit and thinking correctly. My prayer is that we will both grow each day and know the difference from outside pressure and self inward health.

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on. Plus a lot of that 8lbs is most likely water weight.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! The thing you have to remember is that it's in the past now so no point in stressing over it. Just lift your head up and get back on track. These things happen to everyone. Forget about those calories! I know when I binge the numbers just keep going through my head and it's just not worth the worry. You'll get back into your schedule and feel back to normal soon enough.
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been there many times just carry on we are only human keep it up. Blips happen thats life