TACO TUESDAY!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hubby loooves tacos, not always on tuesday but we do up tacos a lot. sometimes ground chicken, sometimes lean beef. always lots of garlic and onion, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, fresh salsa, some avocado if avail and black beans in a whole wheat tortillawith a dollop of sour cream. yup! i think tonight will be taco tuesday!

ETA: Even tho Sunday was fish tacos I think i am still feeling this for dinner. Might try mine in a boston lettuce leaf!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Some different ideas....Nice!
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't do Taco Tuesday, but went to PF Changs on Sunday and had Jicama Pork Tacos. I am now obsessed with Jicama Taco Shells. Maybe I will make them tonight and start Taco Tuesday - Low Carb style. They were delicious!

Just peel the jicama, and slice it (using mandolin) at 1/8" thickness. Much more substantial than lettuce (IMHO).
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I live for Taco Tuesdays. Tuesdays (and Thursdays) are my guaranteed two-a-day workouts so I have something to motivate me to get through the second one. I either do Lettuce Cups or Low-Calorie soft tortillas with grilled chicken and homemade taco seasoning, a little sour cream or plain greek yogurt, a southwest salsa, avocado slices, and some cheddar cheese. It's so stinking delicious. I never get sick of Taco Tuesday.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Having Taco Wednesday here for lunch. I made some shredded chicken Sunday in the crock pot:
    Thin layer of salsa in the bottom of the crock pot
    Add boneless skinless chicken thighs
    Top with 1 pkg taco seasoning
    Add 1 can rinsed whole kernel corn
    Add 2 cans rinsed black beans
    Cover with remaining salsa
    Cook on high 6 hours low 10 hours
    Shred chicken either in the crock pot or on a plate and add back to crock pot and stir it all up.
    Putting that on a whole wheat tortilla, adding some heart of romaine lettuce, a bit of wholly guacamole and yumm yumm. (it is much easier to add the wholly guacamole in the office so I don't have to worry about a avocado turning brown before lunch gets here.) I just cant seem to get my fresh avocado to stay fresh after I cut it. Any ideas on that??
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Freshen that up with some cilantro, green onions and lime juice.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna come back to this post every Monday so I know what I'm making Tuesday!
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    my 10 yr old fav food is tacos-so EVERY Tuesday we have some form
    last week it was grilled tilapia(seasoned with taco seasoning) with pico, cabbage, cilantro, avocado, cheese and light sour cream on corn tortilla

some weeks its ground turkey-but tonight its shredded chicken ranch from crockpot

ooooo and I personally LOVE old el paso fat free refried beans for a side with a little cheese on top
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    I haven't specifically done taco Tuesday, but I did make a batch of taco lettuce wraps for lunches this week.

1.00 lb(s), Ground Turkey 93% Lean
    1.00 onion (148g), Diced Red Onions (Bj)
    2.00 clove, Raw (136g)
    1.00 tablespoon, Taco Seasoning (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/)
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    Approx 1/2 cup chicken stock
    1.00 container (1 4/5 cup cookeds ea.), Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
    12.00 leaves, Romaine Lettuce
    1.00 cup, cubes, Squash - Butternut, raw

Brown the turkey with the onion (that way you don't have to use extra oil :smile:) and drain. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or 2. Add the squash, beans and taco seasoning, then the tomato paste. Stir everything to coat evenly, then add the chicken stock and cover the pan for approx 5 mins, until the squash is tender. Serve in lettuce leaves.

I also made a little pineapple salsa to go with them

0.75 cup, diced, Pineapple - Raw, all varieties
    1.00 fruit (2" dia), Limes - Raw
    1.00 pepper, Serrano Pepper
    1.00 tbsp(s), Chopped cilantro
    0.25 cup(s), Diced Red Onion

Finely chop the pineapple, red onion, serrano pepper and cilantro. Add the lime juice and zest and mix.
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Tuesdays!!
    20150323_174357_zpsdfsgmws1.jpg
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love doing tacos I try to get the whole wheat soft shells but this week did plain flour. I did ground turkey with taco seasoning and some ground flax seeds. The great thing about ground meat is you don't notice the ground flax at all. Sometimes I put frozen chicken cutlets in the crock pot all day with the seasoning to do shredded chicken tacos. MMMM yum lol
  • vintagelaisance
    vintagelaisance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We have taco Tuesday every week. I keep it simple by just making a big salad and not eating the shells, sour cream or cheese. I only eat the lettuce, tomatoes, taco meat & top it with salsa. My boys love tacos so they have all the goodies I leave out!!!
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Every Monday I make taco meat, and we make our own version of Chipotle burrito bowls at home with black beans, taco rice, and sour cream.
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    cudesabc wrote: »
    I love Taco Tuesdays!!
    20150323_174357_zpsdfsgmws1.jpg

EHR-MEHR-GEHRD!!!! LOOKS SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We did Taco Tuesday on Wednesday this week. My husband had a meeting way across town Tuesday evening and wouldn't make it home for dinner. He didn't want to miss tacos, so he asked me if I could do them the next day instead. Hubby loves his tacos.

One of our favorite variations is to do buffalo chicken tacos. I grill chunks of skinless chicken thigh then toss it in a little buffalo sauce. I like mine with lettuce, tomato, onion, and a bit of ranch dressing.
  • caroleigh1022
    Options
    We had tacos here tonight. I put boneless skinless chicken breast in the crock pot with salsa and taco seasoning. Cooked until shredded. I made a taco salad. Crumbled 1 hard taco shell...lots of lettuce and tomato...added my 4 oz of chicken...some franks hot sauce...a tablespoon of salsa ...tablespoon of lite sour cream and a pinch of Mexican cheese. Very tasty.