C25K! how do i get started?

Options
i think im really for a new challenge... so is it a dvd or n online program? any tips on how to get started?

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You can find it spelled out online or you can get an app or a podcast that can give you the prompts as you run/walk. I hated running and that program turned it all around for me :) Good luck!

Edited to add; Get good running shoes and be sure to stretch and hydrate every time!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yup, there are even podcasts you can download... Podrunner Intervals is what I used. It's amazing! Turned this couch potato into a runner!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's just a plan. No purchase necessary. :smile:

Go to www.c25k.com and decide if you want to download a podcast that will tell you when to walk and when to run, or if you'd rather keep track of it on your own with a stopwatch or treadmill.

I did the program on the treadmill at the gym, but switched to running outside once the weather broke.
  • Daysea13
    Daysea13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the program. It tells you what to do each week. I have an app on my phone too.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This link will give you the schedule. I just started last week and have been unable to complete week 1 due to rain but it really isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm thinking of downloading the Get Running app for my iPod so I don't have to look at my watch so often.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I find it WAY easier with the app, otherwise you have to keep track of time yourself. I also find it WAY easier to do outside rather than on a treadmill, b/c it's so hard to stop and start on a treadmill.

I'm on Week 2, Day 2. It's tough for me and I'll likely repeat this week a couple of times, at least. So don't get discouraged if you start and feel it's too hard...just keep at it!
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can also d/l Runkeeper and create C25K running programs. That is really nice if you can do that because it can give you a lot of information about how fast you are going, distance, time, elevation changes, and so on. Both my wife and I love the runkeeper app.
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Have just started the C25K today (W1D1). When finished I looked at the log and it says weight 0.0 and cals 0 - ok what have I done wrong - where on earth do you input your starting weight - there is a goal weight within the settings, but if you have a fair bit of weight to lose it wouldn't accurately calculate the cals used as the bigger you are the more cals you use - HELP!!!!!!!
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Have just started the C25K today (W1D1). When finished I looked at the log and it says weight 0.0 and cals 0 - ok what have I done wrong - where on earth do you input your starting weight - there is a goal weight within the settings, but if you have a fair bit of weight to lose it wouldn't accurately calculate the cals used as the bigger you are the more cals you use - HELP!!!!!!!

OK I worked it out (doh!!)

Go into the journal entry and click on the keyboard to input a comment, this will also allow you to click on the itty bitty weight box above it - enter your current weight and it works out the calories