needing friends for thinspiration!

Options
2»

Replies

• wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Just curious, what on earth is "thinspiration"?

@shadow2soul Usually thinspiration are pictures or quotes to inspire people to be thin. The majority of thinspo is created and used by people with eating disorders.

I prefer Fitspiration and there is an entire thread dedicated to real users who created their own inspirational photos.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1102508/mfp-fitspiration

Thank you for this I was getting worried when I googled thinspiration cause it didn't look all that good to me.

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am trying to loose 20 by June myself! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Happy to be friends with anyone who needs support; just send me a request with a short message. I don't care what you call it! The only support I have in my life for my healthy lifestyle comes from my MFPals. I welcome you no matter how you are approaching your weight loss or how much you are struggling!
  • XxNataleighXx
    XxNataleighXx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ohhh "thinspiration" love that! :) feel free to add me too... Plenty of motivation and support to go around xx
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Just curious, what on earth is "thinspiration"?

@shadow2soul Usually thinspiration are pictures or quotes to inspire people to be thin. The majority of thinspo is created and used by people with eating disorders.

I prefer Fitspiration and there is an entire thread dedicated to real users who created their own inspirational photos.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1102508/mfp-fitspiration

I've heard of Fitspiration and I remember when that thread was started :heart_eyes: . I did google thinspiration, but the results that came up were umm...welll...ya...not my thing. I was hoping the OP might offer an explanation that might be a different perspective than what I saw from google.
  • Lisa_McAuley
    Lisa_McAuley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    As usmcmp says, "thinspiration" or "thinspo" is usually associated with images related to the proana movement (promotion of anorexia nervosa as a positive lifestyle choice). It is not a good term to use unless one is trying to promote eating disorders.

I didt know this guys it's just a word my sister used who's a fitness freak! I didn't realise, Sorry x
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to read that you weren't asking for "thinspo" ! Unfortunately there are a lot of people on here that are looking for and gravitate to others w/ anorexia/ eating disorders. It's sad.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd like to recommend Go Kaleo to you: https://gokaleo.com/ Check out her facebook, too. She's starting a movement called fitspo2.0, which is more focused on TRUE health and strength, and not twiggy girls in strange yoga poses claiming fitspo or thinspo. :) I also like her general approach - very moderate, eat food, move your body, be happy.
  • yaliiii_x
    yaliiii_x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi yes me plz?(: