Alfredo Spahgetti Squash with Turkey Bacon

Options
SLaw4215
SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
Hi All,
I have recently discovered I like Spaghetti Squash and am still experimenting. This morning I had made a pound of Turkey Bacon that I plan to use in a variety of different meals throughout the week next week (breakfast sandwich one day, BLT sandwich for lunch another day, etc). This afternoon I cooked a Spaghetti Squash (at about 42 calories per cup) it's a great item to keep handy. Personally, I have only ever eaten it with salsa --which is fantastic too -- but I wanted something different and I wanted to entice my kids to try it and so was born this recipe.

Yield is 6 cups. 1 cup/serving = 117 calories per serving.

Ingredients:
1 whole Spaghetti Squash (to cook: split in half, discard seeds, place cut side up in pan with about 1" of water, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for about an hour.

6 slices of Turkey bacon (cook as usual) *crumbled

3 servings or 3/4 cup of Ragu Light Alfredo & Parmesan Sauce

3 servings (3 TBSP) Kraft Parmesan Cheese

Remove cooked Spagetti squash from skin and put into a casserole pan. Add Ragu and Kraft cheeses and bacon. Stir. Cover. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 1 hour.

The Spagetti Squash has a warm, smoky flavor to it and the kids gave it a two-thumbs up seal of approval.

Replies

• cmisty2001
    cmisty2001 Posts: 59
    Options
    b
  • whiskeyblood
    Options
    Sounds good. We're gonna try this one. I love Spaghetti Squash. Our typical method is to poke some holes all over the squash and nuke for about 6-10 minutes depending on size then cut in quarters brush with butter and grill it for some nice grill char and texture. We then do a variety of things - eat as is, sprinkle some parm. cheese on it, or sometimes some Korean hot suace. Makes a great summer side dish.
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi! Your recipe sounds wonderful! I read it off to my husband and he responded with a very positive and hungry sounding "Mmmmmmmmmm!" I will definately give this a try....and soon! Thanks for posting!:smile:
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bumping for later- thanks for sharing!