About Subway and Jamba juice

Options
13»

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Just track your calories and you should be fine. For the subway sandwiches the thing I would be most worried about is sodium from the lunch meat. If you have 1 six inch sub a day and low sodium/fresh foods the rest of the day, I don't see a problem with it as long as it fits in your calories.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Careful with the Jamba Juice drinks - they are really high in calories.

Not all of them. The veggie ones are pretty low.

The smallest size fruit+veggie one is 180 cals. That's not bad, but how many people get the smallest size of anything anymore?

I do. In fact, I find myself wishing places would have smaller sizes all the time. I realize I'm not representative of the whole population, but other people I know have said the same.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »

The smallest size fruit+veggie one is 180 cals. That's not bad, but how many people get the smallest size of anything anymore?

I do. In fact, I find myself wishing places would have smaller sizes all the time. I realize I'm not representative of the whole population, but other people I know have said the same.

That's great! I'm willing to bet you are an exception, though.

How many times has someone posted on these forums about not tracking fruits/veggies because they "don't count" on other programs (i.e. Weight Watchers)? I feel like a lot of people falsely believe that JJ is lower in calories than it is because fruit and veggies are "free".
  • supah11
    supah11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    On another note, I worked at a Jamba Juice in college… ions ago. The smoothies are really just as good if you make them with water, instead of the super sweet juice that they use. You can also just ask them to use 1/2 juice and 1/2 water in the smoothie. It seems like (I'm not sure about this one) that most of the calories come from this juice that they add since it is so sweet.

Oh I didn't know that! Okay thanks!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »

That's great! I'm willing to bet you are an exception, though.

How many times has someone posted on these forums about not tracking fruits/veggies because they "don't count" on other programs (i.e. Weight Watchers)? I feel like a lot of people falsely believe that JJ is lower in calories than it is because fruit and veggies are "free".

An entirely valid point. It's fruit and veggies so it's good for me right?
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    "Food Babe" is crazy and often has no idea what she is talking about. Did you read her post about how microwaves turn water into "Satan water" (that is, she thinks microwaves form crystals in water that are identical to the crystals that are formed when you tell the words "Satan!" at water)?

Well that is... Beyond nuts. No, like, I don't even know how to convey how nuts that is.
  • jamielundy1
    Options
    I don't know if it's bad. Personally I would be concerned about all of the sugar in the jamba juice. I know they are so tasty and they may be low calorie, but for me it would greatly interfere with my weight loss and spike my insulin levels. If processed meats aren't a concern for you then subway is okay-ish. I really wouldn't recommend eating those things more than once a week. But every one is different, some people handle sugar and carbs like a champ, me on the other hand not so much.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On another note, I worked at a Jamba Juice in college… ions ago. The smoothies are really just as good if you make them with water, instead of the super sweet juice that they use. You can also just ask them to use 1/2 juice and 1/2 water in the smoothie. It seems like (I'm not sure about this one) that most of the calories come from this juice that they add since it is so sweet.

Well, I guess that is good . . . unless it's "Satan water." Then it will still probably make you gain weight.

Seriously, asking them to make it with water is a great tip. I do this at home all the time and the smoothies are still really good.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    supah11 wrote: »

I get the ones with low calorie though, are they still not safe? So getting them most of the times isn't a good thing then even if they're fruit smoothies?

Define "safe".

Safe in terms of healthy, all natural, no preservatives

If this is your idea of healthy food, you probably shouldn't be eating out. Ever. There may be resturants that serve "all natural" foods, but I personally wouldn't be able to afford them. The only way to make your food "safe" by this defination is to make it ALL yourself at home.

And Satan water? "Yes, please, I want Satan water with my meal. Please don't put it next to the Holy water, though, I don't want to deal with enevitable fight." XD