Clothes Shopping Mind Games

Options
TXRedDirt
TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
This time last year I was in a size 40 jeans and 3XL shirts. Yesterday I went shopping and when trying on clothes I was in 36 jeans and XL shirts. I only bought one of each as I can't wrap my brain around this being the size that fits me now. I haven't been in those sizes in 15 years. I still have the tags on the clothes and in the bag as I just can't come to terms that they actually fit.

Replies

• mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • chubbywolfe
    chubbywolfe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome! Take the tags off and wear them before they get to small!

Love shopping but I hate the size thing...to big, to little, OMG this fits! What size is this?! It's exciting to see the sizes go down but hard to believe because it's so hard to see in the mirror.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Start wearing them NOW! I've just missed my opportunity to wear a pair of jeans that were a little snug before. I put them on the other day and they were too loose! Such a waste :-(
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I get how weird that is, I bought an XL sweater shirt the other day thinking it'd be a "goal shirt" for when I lost more weight, got home and tried it on--and it already fit. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the "wait, huh?" reaction to clothes!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Great feeling! Congrats. I went into a store planning to spend 50 bucks today and ended up spending 120. Whoops. Nice when things fit.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and don't you just love that?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I have never been this size and when I go shopping I usually start trying on a larger size and work my way down usually in frustration - I hope it gets better :)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love that feeling. I was in a 14. I went today and bought 2 pairs of 11's. I was so excited! Another 6-8 week's and I'm gonna have to do it again, with smaller jeans! Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!