A month in and down 14 pounds.

Options
I've been tracking my meals on MFP for a month now. I'm surprised that I have dropped 14 pounds during my first month. I have made drastic changes in my diet like cutting out soda, bread and candy. Instead I eat six smaller healthier meals per day. I feel like I am eating all the time. I'm never full or famished, just satisfied. Is this normal weight loss?? I expected to lose 5-7 pounds a month.

Replies

• kmcampbell893
    kmcampbell893 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose and you have made some significantly good changes to your diet then it could very well be that you're body is going "ach well didn't need this anyway". It will probably slow down after a few more weeks but good job so far!
  • dennyman100
    dennyman100 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ya I dropped 23 pounds in 2 months. Then hit the wall, and just recently have I started seeing some loss in the form of .1-.5 pounds.

However, I have had to add extra belt holes to my belt and am close to adding another soon. So I would say do not use weight as a judgement as to if your lifestyle is working or not. Trust me, I have laid up at night for hours wondering what I am doing wrong to not be losing weight.

Cheers and Congrats!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    For the first few weeks, you lose a large amount of water weight. As long as you're accurately logging, you should be hitting those lower numbers from now on.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    That wieght loss is normal when you first starting off, especially if you have a lot to lose. The key is not to feel defeated when it starts slowing down. Good job!!
  • XxNataleighXx
    XxNataleighXx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! Feel free to add me. Xx
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    To reiterate what others have said, this is in line with what i experienced. A very rapid loss the first month or so, and it tapered off. Primarily body shedding retained water.

Caused me some worry, so i came here, and read the phrase "broccoli shock." My body was acclimating to regular, healthy eating, rather than being crammed full of salt, sugar, and preservatives at odd hours of the day.

After that first month, my body composition really started to change drastically. While my weight loss slowed, i have continued to feel better, get more and more positive comments, and from my wardrobe can feel that i'm slimming down more than the scale would indicate.

Keep it up, and learn to use the number on the scale as nothing more than another data point! When it slows down, stick to a healthy routine, and your body will continue to make progress!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif