Eat sweets and still lose the pounds!

Options
healthyfitme12
healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
Here are some healthy sweets that are de-licious!

HEALTHY REESE’S FUDGE… AKA CHOCOLATE-COATED PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE! (LOW FAT, HIGH PROTEIN & GLUTEN FREE)

Peanut Butter Fudge Filling:
one batch Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Shell:
4oz Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks (I used Theo's 70% cacao)
1 tsp Coconut Oil

Instructions Here: http://dessertswithbenefits.com/healthy-reeses-fudge/

Cake Batter Ice Cream 40 cal!

1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
scant 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)
pinch uncut stevia, or 2 tbsp sugar of choice
1/2 tbsp sprinkles or homemade sprinkles
1 cup almond milk or canned coconut milk (See below for substitution notes.)
If you want it to taste more like cake batter, add 1-2 tbsp coconut butter (You can also add 1/4 tsp butter extract, which is surprisingly vegan)

Instructions Here:http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/22/cake-batter-ice-cream/

Pineapple Whip (so good and easy to make!)

1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
1 tablespoon honey (optional, for authentic sweetness)

Instructions Here:http://detoxinista.com/2013/02/pineapple-whip/

Here are 3 recipes that are sure to curb that sweet tooth! Hope you enjoy

Replies

• littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Thank you so much for this post! I can hardly wait to make that fudge and the peanut butter dip on desserts with benefits. I LOVE sweets.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    You can eat sweets as found in the store and still lose weight, since CICO... I think I'd rather just buy Reese's cups :/
  • healthyfitme12
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    You can eat sweets as found in the store and still lose weight, since CICO... I think I'd rather just buy Reese's cups :/
    These are just healthy alternatives without the guilt! Thanks for your comment :)
  • healthyfitme12
    Options
    OMG!! Thank you so much for this post! I can hardly wait to make that fudge and the peanut butter dip on desserts with benefits. I LOVE sweets.
    I love sweets too! thanks for commenting!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    These are just healthy alternatives without the guilt! Thanks for your comment :)

This is one of my pet peeves, but if a store bought sweet fits into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day, THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED FOR GUILT. Period. End of story. If that sweet fills you with guilt, even when it fits within your day, then there are serious concerns here. I've been down that path and it's not a fun one.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

This is one of my pet peeves, but if a store bought sweet fits into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day, THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED FOR GUILT. Period. End of story. If that sweet fills you with guilt, even when it fits within your day, then there are serious concerns here. I've been down that path and it's not a fun one.

Agree 100%!!!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to knock you for wanting a healthy alternative to sweets. I like just a piece of good quality dark chocolate on evenings, but I understand that for some sweets trigger binges. To each his own.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All I know is, if i have a plate with 3 store-bought reeses cups for 400 calories and a plate FULL of a low calorie alternative, that full plate is going to win Every. Single. Time.

If it is CICO (which I wholeheartedly agree with), what harm is there in eating the plate full of the low-calorie alternative? I could be wrong, and I admit I am assuming, but I usually look at comments such as "healthier version" or "no-guilt/guilt free" as "I can eat more if I choose the lighter, healthier version."

Just my personal opinion, though.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All I know is, if i have a plate with 3 store-bought reeses cups for 400 calories and a plate FULL of a low calorie alternative, that full plate is going to win Every. Single. Time.

If it is CICO (which I wholeheartedly agree with), what harm is there in eating the plate full of the low-calorie alternative? I could be wrong, and I admit I am assuming, but I usually look at comments such as "healthier version" or "no-guilt/guilt free" as "I can eat more if I choose the lighter, healthier version."

As long as it satisfies your craving there's nothing wrong with it, but for many people, the only thing that will truly satisfy the craving is the actual food they're craving...not a substitute. I've never really found a lower calorie substitute that is as good as the real thing. That's why many say just eat what you want in moderation. If the substitute isn't as good, then it likely won't diminish the craving which could lead to binging later on. I would rather have a little bit of something I want, than a big plate of something that is just an okay substitute. Sometimes less is more.

• Sbivens2383
    Sbivens2383 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

jnv7594 wrote: »

As long as it satisfies your craving there's nothing wrong with it, but for many people, the only thing that will truly satisfy the craving is the actual food they're craving...not a substitute. I've never really found a lower calorie substitute that is as good as the real thing. That's why many say just eat what you want in moderation. If the substitute isn't as good, then it likely won't diminish the craving which could lead to binging later on. I would rather have a little bit of something I want, than a big plate of something that is just an okay substitute. Sometimes less is more.

I agree 1,000,000%
  • healthyfitme12
    Options
    Let's be honest: Anything that seriously satisfies our sweet tooth isn't going to be the epitome of a healthy meal. Though all of these snacks contain (gasp!) sugar, we aimed to find lower-sugar options that offer something beneficial or something in moderation. Not to say you can't have your favorite sweets ever again. But as for me, and my health/weight journey I know the effects it had on my body (health related). I really wanted to make this thread for people who are just looking for the alternatives and still enjoy eating what you love, not to make people feel like they can never enjoy certain foods? It's all about the individual and what make you feel comfortable on your journey.