Sudden no loss after losing each week with 5st+ to lose?

Options
On a streak on 75 days now and have over 5 stone to lose. Been losing each week between 1 and 5lbs.

Suddenly on last weeks weigh in there was no loss at all (maintained). Wha could be the reason for this? No change to food. Slightly more exercise.

With so much to lose I would expect to lose each week when in a deficit....

Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With so much to lose I would expect to lose each week when in a deficit....

Except that doesn't happen. Weight loss is not linear, day to day or week to week. There could be a number of reasons why you didn't lose, but it's nothing to worry about unless it continues on for at least a month.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I flatlined for three weeks ... the scale FINALLY moved a bit today .... hang in there - keep doing what you're doing!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    As said, weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. If you're only weighing weekly it's possible you did lose weight but were fluctuating a lot on the day that you weighed. Just stick at it!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    yes - ive gained 2 pounds in the last week - im eating 1200 cals a day; this shoulnt happen, but it is. im staying focused on my goals, and will only try to look deeper if i dont lose for another 2-3 weeks.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I too stayed the same weight for two weeks then I lost 6lbs this week! Hang on in there, keep doing what your doing.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How often should you be weighed? I am weighed once a week.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Meaning there's some weeks you will not lose or you might even "gain". It's the downward trend that matters. Have patience.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Its happened to me several times. I just keep on doing what I'm doing and eventually my body kickstarts itself again - it can be frustrating but don't give up!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    How often should you be weighed? I am weighed once a week.

However often you feel comfortable with up to once a day. The only thing that matters is that you do it in a consistent setting (generally first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything).
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    don't panic. Weightloss isn't linear, even if you do everything consistently. Over my first 52 weeks, I lost 50 lbs. But there were some weeks I didn't lose at all, and other weeks where I lost more than a lb. If you stick with it, it usually averages out.