What's your most-hated household chore?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The cat boxes. Six boxes and seven cats. I don't know what I'd do without clumping litter!

And grooming the dog is way up there, too. He's a Pekingese, very furry, hates to be brushed and WILL bite if he gets annoyed enough. And since he has virtually no snout, I can't muzzle him. :grumble:
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I hate all housework, but definitely at the top of the list would be cleaning the bathrooms!!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stand washing, drying, and putting them away. I absolutely despise them.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Ironing! I *hate* doing it.

What is ironing :noway:
  • Remi79
    Options
    The ****ty-*kitten* ****ing dishes. Holy ****ing **** I hate doing the ****ing dishes more than anything. I would rather clean the ****ing toilet. every day. Of my life.

I think you're my new best friend!
  • LoriCmomx3
    LoriCmomx3 Posts: 12
    Options
    We're a family of 5 and I hate doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms. Boys are gross lol!
  • Remi79
    Options
    DISHES, DISHES, DISHES AND MORE DISHES!!
    IF I COULD COOK IN PAPER I WOULD!

OMG, I don't know how many times I have said that in my life! I think throw away pans would be the best invention ever!
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    cleaning toilets lol!!!! I have a 4 yr old boy!!!:sick:
    haha my son is 3! i can relate!
    pretty much hate all chores. i dont mind laundry so much...or vaccuuming...i hate dishes, taking out garbage and hate clutter (which mean i have to clean it!)
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the bathroom. I would rather vacuum (one of my least favorites) and mop (another least favorite) and do three loads of laundry, dust, clean the kitchen, clean the inside of the fridge, and scrub the grease off of the stove than clean the bathroom. :/
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow - this is the second thread today where I have definitely been in the minority. I love doing laundry and dishes aren't so bad either. I actually don't do much cleaning - my hubby takes care of that. I know I am lucky... :love: BUT his work week, including commute is about 42 hours/wk, while mine is about 55 on a good week.....often it is 60+. :sad: I do the laundry and pay the bills every week, plus pitch in with other stuff.:smile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    That's tough but I would say catbox duty! Love my cats, I don't love the box!

I totally agree... if my cat ever dies, I will NEVER get one again - no matter how cute it is!!!

I think she's going to live forever though :ohwell:

I also don't mind doing laundry :smile:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hate doing the dishes at my house!!! People don't clean their plates and love to let it stack up to the brim of the sink... so I feel obligated to clean the area where I make my food... haha

ALSO... folding clothes...
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hate folding clothes!!!! That's why I made it my daughters chore......ahhahahahahaha.......you can do that when your the mom!!:laugh:

This explains so much!!! Hahaha... that's so evil!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    putting away laundry and dishes, no doubt
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I enjoy most housework .. especially the feel and smell of clothes just out of the dryer.. I love cutting the grass. I am very lucky that my husband is a HUGE help. We share almost everything.. there is no "his" job or "my" job.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Yeah, laundry for me, too. I hate the whole process, though, not just the folding/putting away (though I hate that part plenty).
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    putting away laundry, for sure. washing? sure! drying? of course! folding? no prob. but i will be the first one to stack them back in the basket and take my sweet time hating every minute of putting it away. haha glad i am not the only one!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Ugh...chores! I hate sweeping/vacuuming (we have all hardwood/tile so it's easy to see which is good in a way - carpet creeps me out sometimes) so I bought us a Roomba. It's great and all but will NOT suck up dog hair...it just swirls it around and makes little tumbleweeds (which are, granted, easy to pick up).

I kind of find dishwashing therapeutic, though (probably even moreso if we had a freaking dishwasher!)...
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    For me, it's folding and putting away laundry. I despise doing it. Absolutely DESPISE.

This is me to a 'T'.

I will do dishes, load the dishwasher, clean floors, take out the trash...I HATE folding clothes and putting them away...
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    DISHES, DISHES, DISHES AND MORE DISHES!!
    IF I COULD COOK IN PAPER I WOULD!
    OMGosh, THIS!