How do you continue healthy eating on the weekends?

Options
My eating habbits are great during the week, but on the weekends we always have a social do on, either going to a race meeting or a party or going out to tea with friends.
This weekend was an engagment party and while I tried to be careful about what I was eating and drinking, it was hard trying to stay on track. Especially travelling everywhere and only having a limited choice for foods. For example we got breakfast at a servo, and there wasn't a lot to choose from.
Also on the alcoholic bevarge front, I limit myself to the amount of drinks I have, but it is hard and I do often get comments about why I'm not drinking, even though I still have a good time.
I don't want to stop being social any suggestions?

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can pack some food before you go out so you won't need to eat at the servo. Eat before a party at which there will be finger foods so you don't need much there. Drink light, low carb beer or (even better) soda water and bitters.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Now that you have confessed, you and you alone will have to do what it takes to change your habits.

All of us have social events that can sidetrack us. You are no different than the thousands of others on this site who have to make tough choices.

Make good decisions 80% of the time, and for the other 20%, realize you aren't perfect.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I make sure I do a lot of exercise at the weekends so I don't have to worry too much. Generally I eat the same as normal, though. In fact often better as I have to cook proper meals for all of us, whereas when I am on my own the temptation is to grab something that may not be that healthy.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    1CALIJIBARO2 Posts: 132
    Options
    DITTO cmriverside.......
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    Regarding alcohol, if there are liquor drinks, order some club soda with a slice of lime, or perhaps a diet cola with a slice of lime. Who's to know it's alcohol-free?

Regarding wine or beer, once you have drunk half of it, stop drinking, but keep the glass. Who's to know how many you have?

Or, you could just say if someone asks why you are not drinking more, "I have had enough to drink."
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Even if you don't eat just right, you can always exercise to make up for it :}
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i really dont care what others think of me or my choices. to me its childish to even care..i'm an adult and i have bills to pay a job to do and family to take care of..what others think of me drinking or not is like high schoolish.i just dont care and my time is MY time.

plus..i only socialize with people who are the same..they dont care what i do and respect me. maybe you need to change social circles..life is too short.
  • miguel3074
    miguel3074 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat so I feel ya! I try to stick to the veggies and a white wine spritzer. You can also make sure you pack your own healthy snacks when traveling.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    In the immortal words of Yoda

"Do or Do not, There is no try!" ........

I make a commitment to follow my plan through the weekend as well as the week. Make good choices, save calories for that Partying, choose low cal/carb adult beverages and blame the dark side if you unfortunately "Do not".

Don't beat yourself up if you mess up. Tomorrow is another day.