Ladies....do you give yourself a "pass" during THAT time?

Options

Replies

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes, I let the first 2-3 days be a gentler exercise schedule, like just walking. But I never eat a bunch of crappy foods....super unproductive. Besides there's so many amazing tasty healthful foods like coconut butter or dark chocolate or smoothie shakes.
  • FrownWellington
    FrownWellington Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No, I don't give myself a pass. I do crave more chocolate than usual, but I make sure to fit it into my goals for the day. I am really awful about cheat meals turning into days into weeks, etc. That's what brought me here, heavier than I've ever been. So for where I am right now, it is just normal days like any other.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself a pass but it is definitely hard. I just try to make sure the damage isn't too significant. Though last night I did go over 300 cals -_-
  • BlackRoseSin
    BlackRoseSin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nope. I crave sweets- mostly chocolate and pocky sticks- but it gets factored in. At most, I'll cut the exercise down to working days only, instead of every day.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Thats 5 days a month! Every month! Two months in a year! Noooo way I have goals to achieve here!! LoL
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I try not to, but I usually end up going over my calorie goal during TOM. I also know that, no matter what I do, I'm going to post a gain that week. But I know to expect it, so it doesn't bother me.
  • HOOKEM13
    HOOKEM13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to watch my eating even more the first couple days because chances are I am too cramped and tired to make it to the gym or to do a workout worth counting. Perhaps try to find an alternative that fulfills your craving but doesn't kill your calorie intake. Sounds like maybe chocolate was your thing with the fudge and cookies so perhaps try to have a glass of chocolate milk. You are getting your sweet fix but not as much sugar and carbs and junk.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My periods are only 3 days. A few days vefore I go through my "eat and hate it all" phase and then on day two I am in a ton of pain and just want cookies and candy. I am not saying I would go 1,000 over or anything, maybe.

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    No way! I think it helps with the cravings if you keep track. They tend to sort sneak up on you and if you know when to really expect those cravings are going to start you can get ahead of them. If I know what is going on and just go ahead and have whatever I am craving at the moment I tend to then just get over it - usually because as much as my mind tells me I need it once I eat it I really don't get any satisfaction from it.

I still workout as usual if not harder to work out the mood swings!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of women use that time of the month as an excuse to do crap and be mean to people lol. At least a lot of people I know. Yes, I feel more irritable....but all it takes is a little self control and practice. Like really - your going to have a week pass every month for the rest of your life? Get over it. Find alternatives. I workout like normal. I do have to be diligent about the urge to pig out on chocolate, but resisting is very doable. And I try to find little things to be grateful for instead of snapping at people.

#NoExcuses
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for sweets really really bad too, and I do tend to indulge them...liberally. This past week my diary included on average 400 calories of chocolate-something-or-another :p, every single day . I account for it and move on. I keep my workouts the same, I actually feel better when I workout during, helps with cramps and really improves my mood.
  • kiwiOT
    kiwiOT Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just carry on through my period personally, I just know I won't be doing much productivity that first day as I'll be practically writhing in pain regardless of pain killers. Then after 24 hours of pure hell I go back to normal. I give myself treat days but I would never do it on my period day. How is it a treat if I can't even enjoy properly?
    I just make sure I drink a cup of pure cranberry juice diluted in a gallon of water and drink it (to keep the plumbing healthy!) and I eat softer foods like porridge and banana's and the like. But I do my best to be healthy regardless of how I feel.
  • kate_19o
    kate_19o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I give myself a 'pass' food-wise. I usually get tired much more easily during the week so ease up on the workouts a little. If I fancied anything during that time it would be chocolate, and if I am feeling low then I usually have a hot chocolate to keep the craving at bay!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    No way it is way to slippery of a slope for me to go down.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm the odd person out. I do binges in the thousands. It seems impossible to stop myself.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself a pass on eating, but I DO give myself a pass on working out. I've never had really bad issues with cravings during my period, but I have always had an issues with cramps, and ain't no way I'm going to work out when I feel like curling up in a ball and dying lol.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    No, but I don't really have intense cravings or a ravenous feeling. Mostly just rage and hatred for everything. I eat chocolate and candy almost every day anyway so meh.

Absolutely the same. Oddly, the couple days before I begin my moon I usually have a smaller appetite than ever, and I am fine cutting an extra 200-300. Then I just want to either, a) melt into a puddle of self-loathing and sadness, or, b) rage at the missing sock by throwing the other one across the room angrily and bursting into angry tears.

WTF, body?
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by a "pass". If you mean do I let myself eat whatever I want and not log and not worry about it? No. It happens every month and if I had a free-for-all for a few days every month, I would undo most, if not all, of my progress (I am losing slowly). If by "pass" you mean do I allow myself to eat over my "lose" level of calories? Sure. I always do, though. As long as I'm under maintenance, I consider a day a success. (Hence why I'm losing slowly. But still losing).
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep, totally. I give myself an extra 100-200 calories when it's really bad. I often fill myself up with the stuff I'm craving instead of my usual meals. Like, I'll stick to my calorie goal most of the time, but instead of having a sandwich for lunch, I'll have a scoop of Haagen Dazs - you get the picture. Not the most nutritious week in terms of hitting my macros and micros, but very satisfying.

Haha I might need to try this. It's that time of the month for me. I started noticing major cravings and having a lot harder time not caving in. I've really been struggling and beating myself up about it. I've been eating all or most of my exercise calories back and have even gone over. All I feel like doing is stuffing my and using my magic bags for my cramps and back pain :\
    esjones12 wrote: »
    I think the majority of women use that time of the month as an excuse to do crap and be mean to people lol. At least a lot of people I know. Yes, I feel more irritable....but all it takes is a little self control and practice. Like really - your going to have a week pass every month for the rest of your life? Get over it. Find alternatives. I workout like normal. I do have to be diligent about the urge to pig out on chocolate, but resisting is very doable. And I try to find little things to be grateful for instead of snapping at people.

#NoExcuses

It's not just simply feeling a little more irritable for me. I get extremely emotional, depressed, fatigued, and a lot of pain. I actually throw up. Various meds have helped so that I do not necessarily throw up every month or every day of my period but, I still get the intense back pain and cramps.