4 pounds in 2 days?

Options
Is it possible - if so how?!?!?!
-please let me know, any suggestions

Replies

• Connie_Wynne
    Options
    to lose, i meant. if that wasnt clear....
  • aishlynn
    aishlynn Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sounds like water weight to me...but, yes, it's possible
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Why are you concerned with losing 4 pounds in 2 days? If somebody has a lot of weight to lose then it's possible. Depending on the amount of fluid in somebody's body, it's possible to fluctuate that much in two days. If you take a big, solid poop two days in a row, it could happen. By that logic, have you tried an enema?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes, but it will be almost entirely water weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Why? 4 lbs isn't going to make a huge difference. You might be able to lose a bit of water weight if you've got an event or something, but that's about it.

eta: to lose that much fat you'd have to create a 7000 calorie deficit on each day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fat? Absolutely not.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    water
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I go up and down 2 pounds (and more) in short periods of time all the time.

Check out my recent weight graph here: https://trendweight.com/u/0019e1fe9fcc4b/

(Synced with my Fitbit Aria scale)

I think it's the overall trend that's important, though -- not the daily fluctuations.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Water and, well, poop
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, and the long term effects of weight-cutting are not known to me.

Yes - I've cut 5-10 lbs for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournaments. It's all water, but it's possible.

Piping hot tub of water, with epsom salt in it (follow the measurements on the bag). Soak in it for 10 minutes, get out for 10 minutes. Repeat.

You'll lose 5 lbs effortlessly (until you drink water again) in about 2-3 cycles. Have someone around the first time you do it though, and get up slowly. The first time or two, you might feel a little dizzy.

Any more than 5 lbs will be pretty difficult, and questionable for your health. The broscience I've gotten so far is that any water-weight cut that is equivalent to a training session at the gym is fairly safe; I lose about 5 lbs training for 2 hours at BJJ, so that's about all I feel comfortable cutting.
  • kelseyfelts
    Options
    Your body can fluctuate 5 pounds every day. Why would you need to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I can swing 5 pounds a day. A big old poop can cover 4 pounds for me