Losing weight while healing an injury..

Options
Need some advice to lose weight while rehabbing a broken foot..Starting to do very light cardio..But I know it starts in the kitchen!!

Replies

• brentdjwhite
    brentdjwhite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is key and being below your intake is wonderful even when your workout has to a back seat. Stay off your foot and do any arm cardio instead. Weights machines are also great for when you can't use certain parts of the body as they isolate muscle groups. Just avoid any that would strain your foot.

But most importantly, like you said, don't use an injury to eat crap or go away from your macros.

If you have any other questions, shoot me a question or add me
  • tabathamason80
    tabathamason80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've just had shoulder surgery and am finally started to get active again, how and what can I do??? Hope your foot heals soon jlshane4!
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Weight loss principal is simple, be in a calorie deficit- meaning you eat less than you burn daily. Use my fitness pal to work out your deficit and eat at those calories or just below and you will lose weight :)

Nutrition is key. Someone who doesnt work out at all can lose weight. You just need to be eating the right food and right amount :)
  • jlshane4
    jlshane4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying!!..Thanks for sharing!!
  • jlshane4
    Options
    Nutrition is key and being below your intake is wonderful even when your workout has to a back seat. Stay off your foot and do any arm cardio instead. Weights machines are also great for when you can't use certain parts of the body as they isolate muscle groups. Just avoid any that would strain your foot.

But most importantly, like you said, don't use an injury to eat crap or go away from your macros.

If you have any other questions, shoot me a question or add me

• jlshane4
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!