Ready to get serious

Hello, My name is Julie and I decided this week to get serious with MFP and do whatever it takes to solve my weight problem. I just finished a very stressful MBA program and several years of stress due to unemployment, twins at 40, husband's job changes and his extreme commuting, while raising four kids. Now, things have stabilized and we are beginning a season where we address our overeating and weight gain. With lots of dedication, prayer and as much exercise as I can motivate myself to do, I am planning to win this fight! I look forward to sharing support, motivation, exercise tips and learning what other people cook an eat.

Replies

• pipeslovespops
    pipeslovespops Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Julie, I'm Rebecca. I too am trying to finish this weight loss goal once and for all. 34 lbs to go for me, and I would love to join you in mutual motivation! It's so hard, once the work day is over, to make myself want to go out for a bike ride or walk/jog...would much rather sit on the sofa and watch Downton Abbey reruns. The weather is finally getting nicer, so that's no excuse. I have 3 kids, with 2 of them still at home, and my husband and I work full time--our schedules and stress level sound similar, but I have not dealt with twins!

My favorite healthy thing to eat lately is Blasted Cauliflower...SO delicious!

1/3 cup olive oil
    1 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depends on how hot you like it)
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1/2 cup nutritional yeast

Whisk the above together till it forms a kind of slurry/schmear. If it's too thick, put a little more oil in it. Add 1 head of cauliflower flowerettes and toss till all covered with the slurry.
    Roast in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until tender. Serves 4.

This stuff is crazy addictive, and great with grilled chicken and a salad.

Good Luck!