RE-NEW to MFP

Options
Hey everyone, My name is Brooke, I was on here a long time ago and fell off so bad that I actually gained about 20lbs. So here I am again starting a new leaf in my journey. I have created a new blog that will be my diary for my 52 week journey to lose 95lbs. I have not entered in my original weight but I am pretty sure it is around 230lbs. I plan on reducing my weight by 5lbs every 2 weeks for the first 18 weeks. Then I will reduce by 5lbs every 3 weeks for the next 18 weeks. And following with 5lbs every 4 weeks for the remainder of the 16 weeks. If I am correct at weighing 230lbs that would put me at about 135lbs at the end of a 1year journey.

I really really need some help, and my health is suffering because of my obesity. I am ready to finally change myself, not for anybody else but for myself. SOOOOO here I go, I would love some friends on this journey.

Thanks
Brooke

Replies

• sirmon8
    sirmon8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Brooke, My name is Sirmon, Welcome back!!! I too joined last year and did absolutely nothing. But, I can relate to the health issues do to being obese. I'm presently 247 lbs. as of today. I didn't exactly do the math as you...But, I'm looking to connect with someone that will help me stay motivated. My goal weight is 150lbs at the end of the year. Let's get it done!!!
  • brookejowell16
    brookejowell16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sirmon8 wrote: »
    Hi Brooke, My name is Sirmon, Welcome back!!! I too joined last year and did absolutely nothing. But, I can relate to the health issues do to being obese. I'm presently 247 lbs. as of today. I didn't exactly do the math as you...But, I'm looking to connect with someone that will help me stay motivated. My goal weight is 150lbs at the end of the year. Let's get it done!!!

Hey thanks for the reply, absolutely lets get it done!!! I am a little OCD when it comes to exact dates I have always been like that lol.

• mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I joined last year as well and did really good for 3-4 months. Then I fell off the wagon hard and gained it all back plus some. I started back on January 4th this year and I am down 47 lbs as of this morning. Good luck to you!

Mike
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • hi_im_natalie95
    Options
    Hey I'm Natalie. I too have been going through the same on and off battle. I've been really focused this year. I tried this app called Noom for a few weeks. But it wasn't my cup of tea. But I found this and I'm really liking it so far and it's really cool how you can interact with others. I weighed 240lbs in the beginning of January. I'm down to 217lbs now. My goal weight is 135lbs as well. But we can do this! Whoo! Lol
  • brookejowell16
    brookejowell16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Natalie. I too have been going through the same on and off battle. I've been really focused this year. I tried this app called Noom for a few weeks. But it wasn't my cup of tea. But I found this and I'm really liking it so far and it's really cool how you can interact with others. I weighed 240lbs in the beginning of January. I'm down to 217lbs now. My goal weight is 135lbs as well. But we can do this! Whoo! Lol

Congrats!!! that is a great weight loss so far, thats awesome!!! What were your hardest hurdles?
  • hi_im_natalie95
    Options
    Facing the fact it was time to start caring how I look. And paying attention to what I actually ate. But it helped that my boyfriend is trying to lose weight as well, so he really helped me start into this.
  • ready4holiday
    Options
    We are on all the same path remember it's not one long race it many short one. I have measured myself taken a photo and got a pair of trousers that a little too small every little helps.
    Keep it up honey xx
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :) I went from 63kg to 50kg in 15 weeks. I eat clean, train twice a day while managing to be a full time nursing student. I can motivate and help you! <3
  • sirmon8
    sirmon8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Everyone...! I welcome you all and I solicit your help, while traveling down yet another road to weight lose. Mandy and Natalie... awesome job on your weight lose. Keep up the good work :)

Well, today is day #2 and I'm super excited and motivated to see the new me in 5 weeks, according to myfitnesspal, I should be looking at 235 lbs, if I stay focus and don't fall off the wagon..lol

Let's get it done... soldiers :)

• MOTIMUNIYA
    Options
    Hello.

I have really broken all records of being fat. At 220 lbs in a 5'3 inch frame and just 21 years on my personal watch... I think I have really abused my body. Not that I didn't try. I just am not motivated enough and I don't have enough self control. Combine that with a razor sharp brain and hence, the talent to exert myself as less as possible by using my grey matter over my body.

Anyway. I hope I derive motivation from all you awesome people. I will support all of you and I just expect less of ridicule and I will derive a bit of solace from any positivism from your end.

Please encourage me :)
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me for inspo <3