Your go to meal/Snack that tastes like a cheat but is actually not bad?

Options
So give me your favorite go to meal or snack recipe that tastes like its on the naughty list but is actually not that bad for you/or is actually good for you?

I love all my healthy fruits/veggies and recipes but im looking for ideas for those moments where im just needing something different. I get the whole "its okay to eat it if it fits in your calorie" idea but i don't really go with that....Im looking for new ideas :)

Thanks!

Replies

• jcharityk
    Options
    I love making spinach chips, they taste delicious. I also love to cook apples, I just slice them up and microwave them, and if you're in the mood for something sweet you can add a little honey and sugar and it tastes like apple pie, though its obviously not so healthy. I also love uncooked oats mixed with honey and peanut butter, its pretty high calorie but its a great pre-workout snack.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sweet treat is fresh strawberries sprinkled with sugar and topped with light whipped cream. Yumm! Or the 100 calories yoplait greek yogurt whips - lemon meringue.

Some of my all time favorite meals:

Baked catfish seasoned and topped with lemon slices.

Chicken breast grilled then topped with mushrooms, peppers & onions to finish in oven.

Eggplant parmesan - baked sliced eggplants, topped with marinara and cheese.

Grilled veggies have to be a favorite too. Sliced squash or grilled green tomatoes. The green tomatoes peel and slice. Toss with oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Delicious!

Pasta loaded with chicken and roasted veggies. I get the high fiber pastas.

Omelets - yep - you can toss anything in an omelet. I have high cholesterol so I use egg whites.

Stir fry oven brown rice...

Those are some. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, raisins, cooca powder.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wish i could like yogurt :( Ive tried every way possible but i really just hate it lol. Pretty much any dairy other than sour cream or ice cream i pretty much hate (other than some occassional shredded cheese on something).
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Liberte 5% banana caramel Greek yogurt, or my go-to breakfast & evening snack, strawberries with skim milk, 1 t cream and 2 t sugar
  • BigNick6055
    BigNick6055 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No doubt my go to "feel like cheating, but really isn't" is Chef Robert Irvine's Peanut Butter FitCrunch bar. Stupid good compared to any other protein bar I've had. Actually tastes like a candy bar.
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow Whey protein and almond milk. It's basically like a peanut butter and fluff milkshake.
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    I'm not a fan of yogurt either but the 100 calories are good. Also, I learned you can freeze the whipped yogurts. ;)
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yum upgradeddiddy. I usually do chocolate whey protein and dark chocolate almond milk its super chocolatey and i love it
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I make roasted chicken with red potatoes and carrots in the oven w/white wine and rosemary. It tastes like comfort food but is only 400cals for dinner!
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    @spilledmilk - that sounds delicious !
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love chicken + broccoli stir fry with brown rice. Tastes great with a little bit of soy sauce.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd say chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, Nutella, donuts, muffins, and sometimes chips (I'm more of a sweets and pastries person). Ice cream too!

None of these are bad. Especially since food is consumed in a larger dietary context.

ETA for savoury, homemade poutine with proper cheese curds, although it can work a bit with mozzarella. I think I'll buy some after finals in April or have poutine locally since there's this great local place that makes the best cheese curds.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love deviled eggs, but I substitute a lot of the mayo for a light laughing cow swiss wedge instead. With the recipe I use (two eggs, one wedge, 1g mayo, 8g mustard) I can have four egg halves for 180 Calories instead of 250, which makes room for me to add in some apple slices or a clementine with that snack.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I make a chocolate protein shake with almond milk and freeze it. Its about 100/120 calories but takes me about an hour to eat and is so delicious
  • sarahdant22
    Options
    Putting peanut butter on apples, bananas, English muffins, etc.. I also really like these Betty Crocker oatmeal brownies that taste incredible, but it is made from oatmeal, so it's really healthy.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolatey pretzel cereal bar. It taste like a chocolate covered rice krispy treats with bits of pretzels. It is amazing! Also Special K sour cream and onion cracker chips remind me of oboise chips. I also eat ice cream sandwiches which may not be healthy but, are only 160 cals.
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Chobani Indulgences In Mint Chocolate Chip. The closer it is to freezing the more I can imagine its ice cream.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dehydrated zucchini chips. Sweet potato with almond butter. Oranges dipped in dark chocolate sprinkled with sea salt. Apples with almond butter. Devils eggs made with avocados and spicy mustard. Bacon