Tired of being tired and unhealthy...

Options
A friend has me so impressed by her progress I am inspired...she's here and recommended the site. It took a while to get to where I am but I am determined to do it and hope to meet others on the same journey.:flowerforyou: grace

Replies

• progressisbeautiful
    progressisbeautiful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Tired of being tired and unhealthy is right! Ready to enjoy life the way I daydream about doing and I am convinced that I need the energy and appropriate sexyness to do it. :bigsmile:
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site:) You can friend me. It helps to read people's success stories to know there are others who are going through the same thing you are and to see the proof that it works!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    welcome! I was tired of feeling unhealthy and a friend recommended this site shortly after I started getting serious about losing weight...the tools are really useful (and the community is generally very supportive)

Good luck!
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey...welcome to my fitness pal. I'm new to this site also so don't feel alone. It's sure not easy trying to eat right but I find if I log my food and exercise it really helps me become more AWARE of what I am eating and how much. Jump right in and let's start chipping away the lbs we want to lose. We will be stronger and healthier if we just start now! Let's not be 6 months down the road without making some advances towards our goal! We can do this!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I found this site has helped me so much with the journey to a new lifestyle, people here are very supportive and you definitely don't feel like you are all alone on the journey.

I wish you the best and I believe in you!!
  • crystal_78
    crystal_78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started using the sight as well! A friend of mine suggested it because she loved it and gets lots of support from others on here with fitness and weight loss goals. Feel free to add me as a friend!! :-)
  • gracehatter
    gracehatter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is day one and I want to make sure I approach this in a way different from the times in the past. Not the total-gonna-change-my-entire-life-today-at-once type change...I always blew that a few weeks into it. So I'm going slow. I am an eater and cook, the problem is I like to eat too much and not in healthy ways. I like to tell myself I'm too busy to make sure I'm eating the right ways or to exercise, but that is not really true. What is true is that I love food, comfort myself with it and have been too lazy to exercise. Anyway, back to the new day...first off I'm going to drink the 8 glasses of H20 a day, easy enough. Today I am going to go about my day just as I would usually but I am going to critically look at it and start to develop the plan.

So far: Every morning I start out with two big cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer (lots) and 2 heaping spoonfuls of sugar. That is breakfast so that needs to change somehow. I dislike eating in the morning but probably due to habit more than anything else. Ok..must go work for now.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I am still fairly new to MFP, but have loved everything I see. You are welcome to add me as a friend. You can never have too many cheerleaders!