Giving Up Today, Trying to Get Back on the Wagon Tomorrow

Options
Hello pals needing help the past three or four days I have been stress, emotional and food craving eating!? I weighed myself this morning and it said I gained six pounds! What!? I didn't think I was over eating that much. I mostly think it is bloating an water weight or that is what I am hoping. Seems like I am having a really hard time getting back on track I have no idea why either. I am hoping to start fresh tomorrow an put the past couple of days behind me. Would anyone have some tips for me to get back on track an lose all that weight again.

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If it's that much it's probably water, yes. But why give up today? :( Does that mean you've already overeaten and now you're planning on eating some more? That's only going to make you feel worse, IMO. More overeating = more bloating = more of a loggy, awful feeling.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't fret everyone has bad days it's more important to keep fighting. Remember it's not all about the scale. And when u do retry if your having horrible unfixable cravings log it before u eat it then maybe you won't want to eat so much of it because of the numbers.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    If it's that much it's probably water, yes. But why give up today? :( That's only going to make you feel worse, IMO. More overeating = more bloating = more of a loggy, awful feeling.
    Yes! No reason not to start your new lifestyle at 6.15pm MST!!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    This is a chance to practice getting back on things right away, that is really important to learn how to do. Why do you care about losing weight? Really take the time to say it out loud or write down your reasons. Every moment is a new one, and every slip is a chance to understand yourself better and learn how to take better care of yourself.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Consider it like any addiction. One day at a time.
  • kiomayoko
    kiomayoko Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If it's that much it's probably water, yes. But why give up today? :( Does that mean you've already overeaten and now you're planning on eating some more? That's only going to make you feel worse, IMO. More overeating = more bloating = more of a loggy, awful feeling.

Very true, I know your right I still have calories but once I eat dinner I know I will more than likely be over my calories :( So in away there might be hope an i still wont over eat as bad today.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    kiomayoko wrote: »

Very true, I know your right I still have calories but once I eat dinner I know I will more than likely be over my calories :( So in away there might be hope an i still wont over eat as bad today.

Oh, well that's not so bad, then! If you're only going a bit over, well, I think a lot of us do that every once in a while. What I'd do would be to NOT deny myself dinner, just have a reasonable dinner, which actually would be getting right back on the horse, so to speak - back to being on plan (whatever your plan is).

By once in a while, though, I mean just that: once in a while. If you find this is happening pretty often, then it's a problem. But just one day...heck, it happens.

• carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sayings is, "Fall down seven times, get up eight." It's not about not falling down, it's about getting up when you do! We all have bad days! Truly, they're an unavoidable part of the journey.

I know that I struggle with an "all or nothing" attitude--I already ruined today, so I may as well give up or after a few bad days, I have already ruined the week, might as well wait until Monday to start over. I've been trying really hard to actually wrap my brain around the fact that one bad day doesn't ruin anything nor does one bad week; they simply occur from time to time and my job is just to move on from them as quickly as I can--and maybe even learn a little something along the way about why I made the decisions I did and how they made me feel--and maybe even with time, they'll become less frequent and less harsh. You never have to wait until tomorrow or Monday to make good decisions for yourself; every moment, every meal is an opportunity to do that. And you deserve it, OP!

Best of luck to you! Take small steps, one at a time, and just keep moving forward! You can do it :)
  • kiomayoko
    kiomayoko Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @LAW - This is actually day four of bad eating each day it is only a little bit over each day but I know it will add up sadly. That is why I am hoping after I eat dinner I will do some stretching an tomorrow morning start with a good breakfast and get a work out in.

@Carrly - Your very right I just got down so far and I don't have that much further to go I am just do scared to re-gain everything an lose everything I worked for so far
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Why wait?

Start now.

Right now.

Putting it off for yet another day id v what got us here in the first place, right?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You have calories left and are planning to go over your allowance with your next meal

STOP IT!

Quit feeling sorry for yourself and stop overeating. Quit relying on the future you to sort your current issues