2»

Replies

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't put the whole egg in shell in the microwave - as one of the girls at work discovered in the tea room eggs will explode and cause plenty of mess and red faces
    -

One of the girls I work with did this. She put 2 whole eggs in a bowl of water, put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and walked away. The explosion was deafening. People heard it all over the building. It blew the microwave door open and the glass plate inside (the one that turns as it's cooking) was laying halfway out. Egg EVERYWHERE.
    I microwave my eggs at work everyday. They aren't as good as using a frying pan, but still pretty good.

I don't understand who assumes this would be okay...or is a thing to do.

She's a little bit ditzy. She was super embarrassed!! We were all quite shocked by it.
    Why are you telling everyone what I did? :disappointed:

You did it too?? Lol
    To be honest, I didn't realize they would explode like that either. I've never put whole eggs in the micro before.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    :neutral_face:
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You can also make poached eggs just using a coffee cup:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-poached-eggs-bon-appetit-magazine-455672

I love eggs with the yolk a bit runny, so I make poached eggs in the microwave and eat them on triscuits.. Yum!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1. Spray small bowl with PAM
    2. Crack 1-2 eggs in bowl
    3. Add garlic, chives, salt and pepper
    4. Mix well
    5. Microwave for 1 minute, flip the egg, then microwave for 30 seconds
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I rearly have success in cooking whole eggs in a microwave. I've used the gadget that the OP has, I've tried th egg shaped one that you crack the egg into and put a lid on. I've pricked the yolk a few times like it says on the instructions. But 9 out of 10 I spend the next 20 minutes cleaning my microwave after it's exploded. I gave up.

Bought the Egg Rollie instead. Brilliant.

My scrambled eggs turn out OK in the microwave.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled eggs in there... just a bit of spray in a bowl, crack an egg, beat well, microwave 40 seconds. Easy!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Yep, I spray a coffee cup with olive oil. And an egg, mushrooms, turkey crumbles , green pepper and nuke for 1 1/2 min. Put a little cheese on top and that is what I call " breakfast in a cup "
    I knew it somehow could be done without buying an expensive special cooker thing. Thanx for posting this!

A 2-cup Pyrex bowl works great too and makes the eggs the same size as an Arnold sandwich thin lol
  • tiffany82manross
    tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    t91t3ixtocxc.jpg
    Yummy!!!!
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No eggs or fish in the microwave at work, ever. No. Honestly, people will hate you. They might not say anything, but they will.
  • kikichewie
    Options
    f1gvbv4s7o9l.jpg
    wonn2nt6dgil.jpg
    kikichewie wrote: »
    No eggs or fish in the microwave at work, ever. No. Honestly, people will hate you. They might not say anything, but they will.

• kikichewie
    Options
    o28ns0i34xea.jpg
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i cook egg whites in the microwave every day , put in a bowl, cover with a piece of paper towel, set timer for abuot a minute, stir, put back in for about 30 seconds, voilaaa
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    Options
    I scramble one whole egg (+ whites if I'm super hungry) in a lightly sprayed correle (sp?) bowl, then cover with a correle tea cup plate, and microwave for 1 min. They fit perfectly. Makes a fluffy McDonald's type egg patty which is great for making homemade English muffin breakfast sandwiches. I haven't tried not covering the bowl, but by covering you save yourself from a big mess. I have also added things (veg, meat, salsa, etc.) precook for a super fast omelette. Tip: wash the bowl pronto or the egg residue becomes cement.