Soggy Oregonian trying to drop lbs.

Options
K9flash
K9flash Posts: 48 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Looking for some good people to help on this crazy journey.

Replies

• Mickitoes
    Mickitoes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol this subject earns you a friend request
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Where in Oregon are you? Today in Portland it is 71 degrees! B)
  • sbuell20
    sbuell20 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    K9flash wrote: »
    Looking for some good people to help on this crazy journey.

Lost 20lbs in exactly 30 days while on a project in Eastern Oregon. Back on it, but only sheering 10lbs this time. Happy to help if you have questions. My regime consists of a LOT of water, at least half of my body weight and of course keeping my sugars, cals, carbs down, way down, burning around 700 on cardio 6 days a week (approx 1 hr on elliptical), 30 minutes of lifting, along with being in construction (didn't burn too many calories necessarily here, but didn't hurt). But on a happy note, I had a lot of good meals out on the weekends, lots of alcohol on Fri and Sats. Loosing pounds does not always necessarily mean to trim all fun from your diet, depending on of course your final goal. I did lose 20lbs, but as always I had a lite layer of stomach fat, but abs still exposed them selves a bit.

• ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It was nice today. Walked the Portland Loop (waterfront) today and enjoyed every bit.
  • TonyaVanan1976
    TonyaVanan1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Looking for friends to help motivate me as well and get tips and help
  • keyshas84
    keyshas84 Posts: 113
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!! Afd me if you like
  • keyshas84
    keyshas84 Posts: 113
    Options
    Add
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wished I had ridden my motorcycle to work today. Supposed to rain again this weekend.
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the soggy - but please send some water down here to CA!! Feel free to add me. :)
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Our snow pack is wicked low too. So even though March has been a wet month and we are about average for precip this year, it's not the kind we need and the dry season is only a couple of months away.
  • K9flash
    K9flash Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey guys thanks so much! I'm over in McMinnville so just south of Portland. I'm originally from Bend though. I do miss my snow. I dropped a bunch of weight last year but this winter was tough for some reason and the scale is creeping back up. I severely lack will power when it comes to micro brews lol.

At any rate I look forward to getting healthy again for some good summer weather! And no my username does not mean I flash dogs haha. I work dogs and my first dogs name was Flash. Just in case you got the wrong idea.

Feel free to add me as you wish!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    landfish wrote: »
    Our snow pack is wicked low too. So even though March has been a wet month and we are about average for precip this year, it's not the kind we need and the dry season is only a couple of months away.

Yep, it's a problem.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp! On the coast of Oregon where liquid sunshine is coming down HARD. Yesterday we actually had the real thing... Mcminville, by Salem correct? Attended WOS.. in Monmouth. that was like EONS ago. Married a sailor so have lived in CA for most of the 20 yrs he was in. Have returned to the fold.....where the mossy green lives on cars...go figure! We have ELK in our yard...and I have been told...it's against the law to feed them, dang it...but I understand the "keep the wild animals wild" thing. Again welcome