First Time

Options
I've lost 40 pounds and have hit my goal weight. Now I'm focusing on body composition so I've cut back my cardio and started focusing more on strength training. I've never done any type of strength training so I'm completely out of my comfort zone, but last night I started seeing results. For the first time I was able to do a real push up!! I know it's a small victory in the big picture, but it felt amazing! A couple weeks ago I was struggling to do push ups on my knees, but last night I did 10 real push ups! Nine of out ten were good form too!! It's accomplishments like this that make me look forward to working out instead of dreading it like I did in the past.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you! Keep with it!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kalysta23
    kalysta23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • amnankhan
    amnankhan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well that's great How did you do that?
    I can't do even one push up. :'( what should I do to be able to do push ups? My jobs don't leave me time for gym, I just do some cardio.
  • Marvster47
    Marvster47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also just started working out, but I have no idea how to start for strength training.
  • kalysta23
    kalysta23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    amnankhan - I started by doing push ups on my knees for a month 3 to 4 days a week.
    Marvster - I am really out of my comfort zone doing strength training, but I decided doing something was better than nothing. I know I will get more comfortable and learn as I go. Right now I'm just doing various body weight exercises.