Drop 20 by July 4th. Challenge Starts April 6th ~ Sign up

Options

Replies

• mitchell_212
    mitchell_212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in :) im in Australia so dont celebrate 4th July, but the motivation and support would be greatly appreciated!! :) very smart that this starts just after Easter!
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • polargurl13
    polargurl13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lyssabrook wrote: »
    Would love to join and really need the help!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions to staying within your calories a day? I track at the end of the day and I always go way over what I am suppose to have (even with subtracting the exercise).

If you have a smart phone maybe download the app it would be way easier to log as you go or log the night before for the following day. Just some thoughts.
  • polargurl13
    polargurl13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join a group :) Count me in.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • clairebeaven
    clairebeaven Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in but can't seem to join group!! Work computer is rubbish and I can't find the group on my phone :'(
  • mkakowski82
    Options
    How does this work? I'd love to join. I'm new to MFP and I've never done a challenge. How do you check in etc... Thanks! :)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This fits right in with my personal goal; although I hope to lose even more than that by then. I'm not entirely sure how to join the group on my phone, either. I clicked on the little star to the right of the group name, so maybe I did it?
    Anyways... I'm down 16 lbs in about 7 weeks, so hopefully I can stay on this same track. Good luck, everyone!!!
  • snowym
    snowym Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is awesome- I have signed up
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    lyssabrook wrote: »
    Would love to join and really need the help!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions to staying within your calories a day? I track at the end of the day and I always go way over what I am suppose to have (even with subtracting the exercise).

When I put my leftovers away, I measure out my serving sizes based on my recipes I create, and put them in individual freezer bags. Then I can grab a bag and that's lunch on work days. If I'm going to have a sandwich, I know exactly how much of what to put on it for X amount of calories, and whether or not I need a smaller dinner, or if I can go for a larger one because my chicken and rice soup was only 250 calories. I have several freezer bags with measured amounts of leftover chicken taco meat, grilled chicken strips, soups, etc., in my freezer, so that when I'm looking for something to eat, I can have a few options to choose from. I have a family of 8, so occasionally, when I make spaghetti for them, I'll grab a couple of low-carb tortillas and some of my taco meat and a slice of cheese, and skip the spaghetti. There are a LOT of calories in a small amount of noodles, so I have something different on those days.

I would suggest making several freezable/ready- to-go meals, with the number of calories on the bag with a sharpie, and either ingredient list or enter the recipe and write the name on the bag, so you can just add that for your meal. Then, stick to your meal, without snacking, because you are doing this for you.
  • heatherailstock935
    Options
    I'm in
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in. So looking forward to this
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    we start in a week, get ready and join now!
  • Mildredose
    Mildredose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • stephaniegarza2015
    Options
    I'm in
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My goal will be to get below 250.
  • Brusselsmama
    Brusselsmama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
  • time4jenn
    time4jenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in too :) I need some motivation!
  • maritalm
    maritalm Posts: 2
    Options
    Me... :)