7 mths pregnant and working out help me!!! lol

Options
I'm currently 7 mths pregnant 11 more weeks to go been working out before I got pregnant and since I found out I got pregnant.... just need motivation,anyone else out there???

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Not now, my baby is nearly 1, but this time last year I was 36 weeks pregnant and still working out. She's my third baby and my motivation was, and still is, that going to the gym is my only 'me' time lol.

I also wanted to keep fit for an easier labour. I can't guarantee that's the reason for my easy labours, but I like to think it helped...3 babies, quick(ish) labours (7.5 hours, 4.5 hours, 10 hours), just gas and air as pain relief, and never needed any stitches after.
  • queen_terry
    Options
    Thanks dawnieB1977 :#
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Is this your first baby? Exciting times :)

My baby turns 1 on May 1st, my middle one 4 on May 12th and my eldest 6 on June 16th.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened with me. With my first (so I only have one experience to go off of), working out consistently the entire time I had a lightning quick labour (start to finish from water breaking to son being born was 12 hours), only 4 stitches and because I was doing martial arts the kicking helped me to keep my hips open which REALLY helped during labour. Plus recovery was super fast.

Finally, WHILE I was working out I was posting it on Facebook and I took great pride in the fact that I was 9 months pregnant and STILL able to perform a perfect roundhouse kick!

Feel free to friend me if you need more motivation! :) You can do this, mama!
  • queen_terry
    Options
    @dawnieB1977 yea this is my first and last child lok it's a girl... I'm very excited :D
    Pinkcoconut thank you for sharing your story,and for the support! I need it lol... hopefully I have a smooth and fast delivery :#
  • johnsonGA15
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. When it comes to working out, try walking during the mornings, and drink water.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    @dawnieB1977 yea this is my first and last child lok it's a girl... I'm very excited :D
    Pinkcoconut thank you for sharing your story,and for the support! I need it lol... hopefully I have a smooth and fast delivery :#

Awww exciting. I have a boy and two girls.