Was it a bad idea?

Options
Eating trail mix an hour and a half before bed? I had 350 cals left... I feel horrible

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    No, why would it be a horrible idea? You had the calories for it, you were hungry, you ate it.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If it fit into your calories and your macros, I don't see why it was a bad idea. Doesn't really matter what time of day you eat. Are you sensitive to sleeping on a digesting stomach? That's the only downside I can see here.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've had mixed results eating before bed. If its fast food or something "bad" I don't usually feel good. Trail mix seems like it would be a little more balanced.
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If it fit into your calories and your macros, I don't see why it was a bad idea. Doesn't really matter what time of day you eat. .

So true. If you have calories and macros left, eat. I sometimes eat til 11pm at night! My body is constantly needing energy.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've eaten many times within an hour of going to bed. The whole thing about "never eat after xx o'clock" is all nonsense that was perpetrated by various weight loss schemes. There is no proven evidence that eating late at night will stall or ruin your efforts.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What exactly is in your trail mix.

Nuts and grains or m&ms and jelly babies :smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eating trail mix an hour and a half before bed? I had 350 cals left... I feel horrible

If you feel ill eating so close to going to sleep then I guess it was a mistake.
    If you think it will make you gain weight to eat trail mix that you have calories for an hour and a half before sleeping then you are wrong.
  • hancy_caceres
    hancy_caceres Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! This makes me feel a whole lot better!!