Today is a good day! *pics*

Options
carpediem3
carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
I started my weight loss journey after my doctor confirmed my worst fear -- PCOS and borderline diabetes to name a few. I was put on medications and made a decision that day I was NOT going to let medical issues run my life. I started bettering myself after that appointment -- that was January 11, 2011.

Up until today I was becoming quite discouraged as I have yet to drop a pant size. My shirts fit better, and my undies are now to big BUT my jean size is still the same. Today I decided to take some random pictures of myself. Why? Boredom I guess. Then I remembered what a few MFP pals had said to me: "Sometimes you cant see a difference until you see a 'before' picture..."
I asked hub if he had any random pictures of me on his phone. He searched and found ONE. Apparently I had deleted all the others (for fear his co-workers MIGHT see em) ...:grumble:

That one picture was all it took. I CAN see a difference! I FINALLY SEE progress and its a wonderful feeling!

I am only one third to my final goal. 89 lbs seems like a lot, but I got this!!

First time posting pics. I hope it works... I apologize if they come out to big...

This was taken November 20, 2010 -- nearing 250lbs

utf-8BMTEyMDEwMTMwMS5qcGc.jpg

This is me today, 4 months after starting my weight loss journey -- May 11, 2011 -- 220lbs

018.jpg

I'm starting to love myself again, and that my friends make this journey SOOO very worth it!

PS - Right click on pic - 'view image in new tab' to see the whole pic, somehow I got cut off...

Replies

• simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Very nice job !! Great progress!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Wow! What a difference!! Our stories are very similar in that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 and am also insulin resistant. You are doing great!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you're doing great! keep it up! :)
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!