anyone know foods to help with bloating and digestion ?

Options
I have a probiotic yoghurt which only sometimes help. If eat one thing of junk food I bloat which can last a few days.

I also thought pear juice but not sure of that one.

Thank you.

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Is it a digestion problem? Or do you bloat because of too much sodium?
    Avoid high sodium food. Drink a lot of water.
    Herbal teas like peppermint and ginger teas can help.
    There is no miracle. Usually I un-bloat during the night if I ate something bad for me.
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The enzymes in papaya settle stomachs and aide in digestion. They sell them in chewable pill form. Whenever I have a tummy ache or feel bloated I chew 3 or 4 of them. A little chalky but they taste pretty good.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The bromelain in Pineapple can help digestion. :)
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I heard peeps help a lot.928_033-yellow-chicks-5pk.jpg
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What causes the bloating? What exactly is "one thing of junk food"? I get severe bloating and digestion problems from a food I'm allergic to- so without knowing anything else avoidance of whatever is causing the issue is my answer. To help relieve the bloating is just time and water.

One thing you could do is get probiotics. If probiotic yoghurt is helping your digestion, you can get the same probiotics as a yogurt drink (which honestly tastes awful) or as pills (easy to go down, but more expensive).
  • sabrina6306
    sabrina6306 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try a gluten free diet !!!! That helps me a 100%
  • Bunnyguru
    Bunnyguru Posts: 18
    Options
    Try kimchi..i had really bad bloating. Even ended up in ER once cause they thought my appendix is about to burst :disagree: nowadays if my stomach is acting up, then i just eat a small pack on empty stomach. A bit high on sodium but has a lot of health benefits
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Trial and error mainly.
    Doc has prescribed me mebevrrine which helps.
    Peppermint tea, or capsules helps too.
    What does your doc advise?
  • skinbeauty2005
    skinbeauty2005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd say you need to look at what you're eating and drinking that could be causing the bloat and gradually remove it from your diet.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hot tea can help.
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Find the source of the problem and eliminate it. Your body is telling you that it doesnt like what your giving it. It may only be one ingredient that sets you off. Narrow it down and listen to your bodys cues.