liquid days

Options
so i was thinking of doing an all liquid day once every couple weeks to reduce my stomach size so i dont eat big portions and to encourage weight loss
ive already lost 8lb and am doing good but i get bored and want to spice things up
i thought:
fruit smoothie with milk
yeo vally yogurt
veg smoothie
protien shake
soup

now im not sure weather its actually a good idea or just a stupid craze that went around.. thoughts?
Also how do i do a veg smoothie, ive seen around all these green juice things, any ideas whats in them?
thanks everyone

Replies

• chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie, whether it's in liquid or solid form. As long as you're sticking to your calorie limit you'll lose the weight, there's really no point in doing a liquid day and you can't select which area is going to lose the weight. There are so many options to spice up your diary, sometimes you just need to think outside the box and put a bit of time aside for prep. My diary should be open so feel free to take a look.
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    ok will do :) and i meant reduce stomach size as in the actual size of my organ stomach so i feel fuller with less food rather than reduce the appearance :)
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    ok will do :) and i meant reduce stomach size as in the actual size of my organ stomach so i feel fuller with less food rather than reduce the appearance :)
    You're stomach wont change size (not physically). the only way to physically reduce it is surgery. Just eat your normal foods at a calorie deficit and you'll just mentally get used to smaller potions. There are no miraculous tricks I'm afraid
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    You're stomach wont change size (not physically). the only way to physically reduce it is surgery. Just eat your normal foods at a calorie deficit and you'll just mentally get used to smaller potions. There are no miraculous tricks I'm afraid

Ditto. Your organ will stay the same. Going on a liquid diet for a day sometimes makes it easier the next day for a binge. I would just concentrate on foods you still have to chew.