best fitness wearable/ fitness tracker???

Options
2»

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    evileen99 wrote: »

I love mine too. I've maintained for years eating to my Fit numbers. I was shocked to see how my calorie burn numbers changed post total hysterectomy--menopause metabolism change is no myth!

I have also noticed that since I have been able to heavy lift again, my baseline calorie burn has increased from .8 to .9--woo hoo for more muscle! That's an extra 140 calories I can eat a day!

That is awesome! My Fit saved my weight loss when I bought it three years ago. MFP was wanting me to eat around 1300 calories. I was sick and hungry and miserable all the time, which led to me saying "screw the diet, I'm eating whatever I want."

It turned out that my average TDEE on non-workout days was about 2100. When I first got my Fit, I had a really hard time trusting it, but when I did I started dropping weight at 0.5lb per week just predicted.

I'm thinking about buying another one off Amazon because I don't know what I'll do if this one finally dies!

I also think about getting another one for backup.....you can also get them on ebay.

• Letz_Run
    Letz_Run Posts: 5
    Options
    I was looking at the Apple watch since I am a Apple fan. I just cant get over the price for the entry level and the fact that they have a 20K version, just overkill to me!

Anyways I tried the Fitbit but ended going with the Vivosmart for my wife and I. Its cool, small and sleek. Does most everthing I want.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for the Apple watch?

As with every Apple product I'm waiting for the bugs to be found and ironed out and to see if other people have wasted their money. I've only just got myself an iPhone (even then it was my mums). But I do LOVE Apple.
    I've heard that all your stats and information tracked by the Apple Watch can be sent to help medical research. I'm hoping that is an option. Not that I mind really....
  • karaboo20
    karaboo20 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a misfit flash. It's pretty inexpensive but works pretty well. I like it because I do a lot of cycling and it's very accurate. It also tracks sleep.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Up until now I would've said fitbit but I'm getting an apple watch next month and I bet that is gonna do far more things for my fitness than a single use fitbit ever would
  • MarriedFatherof3
    MarriedFatherof3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivo Fit and like it a lot!
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do your research, it depends on what you use it for. According to the Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, they rated the top 8 fitness trackers for error ratings and the best one was BodyMedia Fit, next was the Fitbit Zip..So the most expensive with all the gadgets isn't necessarily the best..
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    All I really needed was to have my steps monitored, (I walk about 6 miles a day) so I got the basic Fitbit Zip that clips on to my clothing. I love that it synchs automatically with MFP - one less thing to do!