luna bars

Options
lala221
lala221 Posts: 10 Member
so i was looking into getting more protien and some suggested luna bars. im game for it but anyone know where you can find them cheap? theyre a little expensive and which ones are good? ive tried protien bars before and they taste like cardboard! any feedback?

Replies

• barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I like the luna bars.... you can get a box of the minis (80 cal each) for like $10 and there are 18 in there...not to bad...
    I have also just found the Think Thin Mixed nuts and white chocolate bars - 190 cal but they are bigger... they are a little more than a $1.25 a piece... I get them at Hannafords..you might be able to find them cheaper... those are the only 2 I have found that dont taste like card board and do throw me way over on Calories and sugar... the think thin ones are also Gluten free....
    hope that helps a bit...
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too :) Are Luna and Cliff bars similar and which ones taste better?
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try online. I also suggest Clif Builder bars which has 20g of protein. Luna only has 9g. Both taste very good and chewy in my opinion.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    sometimes target has them on sale i wanna say for like 99 cents otherwise i just went to vitacost.com and put it in and it looks likeyou can get up to $5 off a box if you order them through there
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Luna bars taste really good- I love them. You can get a box of bars (20 I think) for somewhere around 20 bucks at Sam's Club. Three flavors in the box...Peanut Butter, Caramel Nut Brownie and my favorite Nutz over Chocolate. They have 12 grams of sugar though.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i think the luna protein are much better honestly, but both luna and luna protein are good
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The Luna bars have too much sugar for the amount of protein, in my opinion. They are delicious, though! And have lots of vitamins and minerals that are really good for you.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Most ppl lo e the cookie dough protien bars, I love chocolate cherry almond best. I order from amazon, but I know target has them in smaller boxes and very reasonably prices, so u can try them without buying 12 bars at a time. Also, Nugo free dark chocolate crunch is really delicious and also high in fiber, not just protein and only 150 cals.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I like Luna mini's but I have really enjoyed Kids Cliff bars more. I get them at Target or Trader Joe's. Those two places are the cheapest I can find them.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I get Luna Bars at Target on sale $5 a box for the large bars. I buy the Cliff Variety pack at Sam's Club saves money buying in bulk.
  • lala221
    Options
    so theres a difference between luna bars and luna protien bars?
    also i know cliff makes them and i asked a girl at work and she said luna bars are really high in sugar.
    but im def. heading to target or sams club or trader joes to find them this weekend
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you can get them....my husband brought them home from work for me. I have the caramel fudge ones and they are really good. Low calorie and high protein. I had one today after my run this morning, and haven't felt at all tired all day.
  • lala221
    Options
    did a little investigating and discovered CLIFF bars and LUNA bars are on sale at target for $5.00 until sunday!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that the Luna bars have been on clearance at Walmart and Meijers in my neighborhood.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ashley--- they are pretty high in sugar, and 9 grams of protein is not a lot at all
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    luna bars are the only bara I have found that I like. I have found them at Target for .99 for the large ones. Tehy do have ones that are specifically lables protein bars -v- just being labeled Luna Bars,
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    They have them all over, just start looking to find the best price. I usually buy them at Whole Foods or Trader Joes for a dollar a bar.

If you live near a Bed Bath & Beyond that also has a Harmon drugstore in it - this is where you should go because they sell them in the Harmon section and you can use the 20% off or $5 off coupons for them. I do this as well when I have the chance and they come out cheaper.
  • Carolimerose
    Options
    Luna bars are made by the same company as Clif bars, but are geared more towards women. I personally love both Luna bars and Clif bars- they're really filling and delicious. As far as Luna bars go, the chocolate peppermint flavor is my favorite.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember. Both Clif and Luna bars were originally designed with endurance athletes in mind. Thus the sugary aspect is high to give them a sudden burst of energy, as well as a sustained rush from the complex carbs and proteins.

Snickers makes the"Marathon" bar that has a bit higher protein punch (12-13g), for only about 210 cals worth of total calories.